+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5-10 years older guys

I'm 23, dating someone 30. I am still figuring him out. Am watching for if he is just wants in my pants. Don't pressure her to get physical with you. Younger girls like older guys because they have more money, more experience, and expect you to guide/lead them.

Interesting self-picture, fearoflove..That is. If that is you. Interesting also that you have not posted any follow up photos to confirm the first one.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

No. When I was in my 20's, I dated men no more than 3 years older.

I remember being 19, and having professors make passes at me. And though it was flattering, I was so completely unable to process the attention, and would have been in WAY over my head. I was too uncomfortable to pursue anything with much older men, because I was too inexperienced, and I knew their expectations would higher than where I was at.

That being said, now, as an older woman, I wish I let an older man take me to bed back then. It sucked learning from young guys who were clueless. Good thing I can self-teach.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Hello ladies,
    I've got one stupid question for you - If you were 18, would you date a guy who is 5-10 years older than you?

Sub-questions:
    Would you find that strange or, rather, appealing?
    Would you consider having a relationship with him, despite the difference in your age?
    If you prefer older guys, why is it that you do?

--
    I met this girl not too long ago, she's very cute and fun to be together with, we share similar interests and I think I'd like to give it a shot. Thing is, I've only dated girls my own age (+/-2), so I'm not entirely sure if I`d be doing the right thing. I'm 24 at the moment and she's 18 (soon to be 19) and I'm really curious as to what might be going through her head.

Yes, I only date older than me. I have never dated younger or even my own age not even in h school, lol.
    1. not strange.
    2. yes.
    3. Because they are more mature, interesting conversationalists, not always on their cell phone texting lol

I dated older in high school like 19 year olds, but when I turned 24 I went back to dating 19 year olds. lol. Never dated anyone older after that. If I was single again, I would still date younger, Just not 19 year olds lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    Older men tend to have their lives together and know what hey are looking for.
    Totally disagree with that. The only think a single man that age has together may be his job. If hes not married, no kids-likely a player or something else wrong with him. If hes divorced with kids-again a ton of emotional baggage and issues. Life gets more complicated as you get older especially if your single and looking for love

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12