+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weirdo Sending Mixed Signals

Weirdo Sending Mixed Signals

This guy that I have been dating for a few weeks is confusing me at this point. We have been intimate and told me after being intimate that he would like for me to leave clothes at his house, he didn't want to share me with anyone, and that he liked me even more. Then a few days later, his phone apparently got stolen one day and he had to go retrieve it the next morning. After that, I kind of took a step back because I just don't trust people. He contacted me the next morning asking me to come to his job so that we could talk, but I was working and I told him I couldn't. He proceeded to go into this long drawn out story about what happened to his phone, but I wasn't really buying it. We texted for a while during the day and he called me that night. I missed his call and then called him back but he said he was already sleeping by then. The next morning he called me at like 8:30 and I told him I was working and couldn't talk. I gave him my office number and told him I had to go to a briefing but I would let him know when I got back. He called me that afternoon and we spoke for a few minutes. I was a little distant as the entire "stolen phone" situation wasn't sitting well with me. However that night he texted me and just said "Hey" and I responded back with "Hey" and asked him if he got the pictures that I sent him of my friends and I about to go out. He said he did and that they were beautiful. Did I take them today? I responded and "Yeah, I did. I hope you have a good night" because my phone was dying.

The next day he texted me and said Good Morning. He hoped I had a good day and it seemed like I didn't want to talk to him the night before so he left me alone. I hope you have a good day." I explained to him that my phone was dying and I was out with my friends so that's why I said good night. I told him that maybe we needed to talk face to face and see each other to talk about things perhaps. I told him I knew that he was going to spend Fathers Day with his children but to let me know when he is free. He responded and said "I will definitely let you know when I am free because I would def like to see you again." and I said "Cool. I was like you know you didn't really say much last night to respond to." and he says "I didn't want to sound excited and get shut down by you." and I said "Well, I do have trust issues and I am not mad at all, but sometimes when things don't make sense to me then I like to sit back and chill until it starts to make sense to me." and he didn't respond but he did call me later that night and we talked for about 30 minutes until his family came in the house being loud and he asked was I going to be up and I said "Good night!" lol because I know he has a habit of calling back sometimes, so I didn't wanna promise to stay up if he wasn't going to call.

The next day was Fathers Day and I wished him Happy Fathers Day and he sent one text and that was it. I responded but he didn't. Of course yesterday he initiated a Good Morning text telling me that he hoped I had a great weekend with my father and he hoped I had a wonderful day. I responded and sent him another text but no response. I know he got my texts and I know he saw them because he posted a couple of times via Instagram.

What is his deal?

The better question is what is YOUR deal?

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    The better question is what is YOUR deal?
    What do you mean?

I don't see what the big deal is? He lost his phone.....so what?

You've only been seeing him for a few weeks. Do you prefer the men you're dating to be in constant contact with you? To me it sounds like he lost his phone and has his own stuff going on. I don't see any mixed signals.

It sounds like he is being perfectly normal and you are playing texting games being competitive about it and stuff. Relationships should be fun and easy in the beginning

As you've gotten to the point of calling him derogatory names such as 'weirdo', then I can't see why he's still on your radar.

And as I wrote on your other post, if your trust issues are this significant, you have no business dating. Sort your own problems out before you go insulting other people over their perceived problems.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    As you've gotten to the point of calling him derogatory names such as 'weirdo', then I can't see why he's still on your radar.

And as I wrote on your other post, if your trust issues are this significant, you have no business dating. Sort your own problems out before you go insulting other people over their perceived problems.
    Everything else you're saying is absolutely legit, but how am I being untrustworthy over the fact that he brings up his children's mother and the issues they had in their relationship during our conversations? I've been guilty of probably overtalking my ex in the past and while I was over HIM...I was still disturbed over the relationship BUT I never said anything like "I could not be with him RIGHT NOW"...I don't understand how that wouldn't signal something strange to anyone...trust issues or not.

I just left one relationship where the guy was being deceptive about his relationship with his son's mother...