+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is it over before it began? :(

Well, for the second time, stupid shit ruined a meetup. My phone died, the place was permanently closed and I waited in the hot sun for an hour after just managing to have enough battery to call her and let her know about a Starbucks across the street. She got lost because my terrible directions compounded the situation and now everything is ****ed up.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

No it's not... just ask her to reschedule, and let her choose the place this time. Laugh about what happened with her (with self-irony, NOT self-deprecation), it's actually a good bonding experience - negative experiences always are, when you share them with someone.

She hung up on me after I tried to call her once I got home. I really, really, REALLY needed this one to pull through.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Send her a text telling her you're really sorry etc...

I decided to wait until tomorrow/later. Got drunk and pondered if this might have been another blown chance and if 4 times is asking too much of life..

Pull up a different one to have a meet up.....this one is a wash.

Oh yeah. It's THAT simple. Although I do have 2 meetups within the next 4 days...one is purely platonic, sadly.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    She did mention she had social anxiety disorder in her profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Pull up a different one to have a meet up.....this one is a wash.
    YC - Smackie is right, find a new girl to chase.

Actually, you should have passed on this one just for her putting social anxiety into her profile. *Everyone* has some kind of issue(s) but you want to stay away from those who announce them publicly like an anthem. They make excuses before they even get started and that is not the kind of person you want as a partner.

Doesn't anyone have a sense of reserve anymore? I mean, you post *anonymously* on this site to get help for your problems. Why? Because you don't want your issues publicly aired, right?

My SO and I shared a lot about each other after meeting online, but only b/c we really connected. We certainly didn't e-vomit on each other in our profiles before we even met. Beware those who overshare. There is a fine line between 'honestly' and 'drama', IMO.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She hung up on me after I tried to call her once I got home.
    YC - really? You don't see the problem with this girl?

Hanging up on someone is rude. End of. She didn't even give you a chance to explain. Find a new girl, I really don't like the sound of this one for many reasons. Its too much all about her. Even giving her the benefit of doubt and lets say she was so overwhelmed with anxiety she couldn't take the phone call--you really want to be dealing with that?

I had guys who I didn't connect with. One was rather aggressive on the phone (DJMan for those who know) but I simply thanked him for his time and ended the conversation respectfully for both of us. I would never hang up unless someone was abusing me.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 24-06-13 at 12:54 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

She was so cute. And she gave me a CHANCE! 99.99% of girls wouldn't and won't! The stars aligned for this to nearly happen and then they completely split to just completely **** me over.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You get too invested in girls you don't even know. Hell, you should be more upset if your LF moms here told you to stuff it, but I don't think you would be.

Why is that?

You gave HER a chance, YC. Flip your thinking, doll.

Ah well, my lazy Sunday morning has elapsed. Cooking for the week done, must raise the teenager out of his cave to meet the day. Get some exercise. Ciao, young man. Go forth and ask another girl out, okay?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It's hard not to when landing a date would be akin to getting a cushy job during the height of The Great Depression.

Well, it'll be a few months before I get another chance to **** up. I'll keep trying and failing.

For Wakeup's information, I've messaged several girls (can have an actual count later on, if requested) and I've got 2 meetups within the next week with a possible third in the works..
    So, what is "the count now?"

Two meetings? Well done. Are you going to keep it simple and just meet at franchise that's sure to be humming?

Can I call you Napoleon?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

First meet failed horribly. Other dating-oriented girl might have flaked. All that remains is meeting Platonic Girl today.

At least 7-9 different girls messaged.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast