+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Is it over before it began? :(

Good job. Don't stop now... keep the momentum going. There's bound to be a good match in there somewhere. Keep it up and your next thread will be "I don't know which one I like better"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I love your optimism. Sadly, things just manage to keep getting worse. The Craigslist postings are dropping off considerably in quality the last few days. CL seems to be my best option for trying to get a date by the end of the summer.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Is craigslist where you've been getting these first meeting that go horrible wrong from? If that's the case, you know the odds of you meeting some quality chicks from that site are next to nil, right?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

No. I only arranged two meetups, both of which failed, and both are from OKCupid. Different circumstances entirely, though. Oddly, my best chances are coming from Craigslist.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Well, then pack a rubber, sport. Still, don't expect a thing while you be prepared.

Have you tried any other dating sites besides OkStupid?

I've never bought them. Never had reason to. And I don't suspect Platonic Girl finds me sexy. And Other Girl, if she gets back to me, doesn't look like a sexual kind of girl.

Yeah, tried match.com AND pof.

Okay, so go out and buy your first "small pack" of condoms (no sense getting the large pack only for it to expire on you). You should be ready and positive thinking about this.

If you have no intentions of ever going back to POF to look for a serious relationship then you might fair better on there then you will on craigs list if you set up a profile for "casual dating" or "hang out." Just don't expect to be able to email anyone who has restrictions for those who want such things after you've emailed girls who are looking for casual or hang out or the like.

Keep Okstupid and match for the more serious pursuits.

Wake, just give up believe me. We can give the guy all the advice in the world, he just won't understand/take it. Let him do it in his own time and learn accordingly. Besides, its not your problem.

I still await your favorite thing to do in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by stev123 View Post
    Wake, just give up believe me. We can give the guy all the advice in the world, he just won't understand/take it. Let him do it in his own time and learn accordingly. Besides, its not your problem.
    None of this is "my problem" Its my "hobby" at the moment.

I still await your favorite thing to do in bed.
    Have your girlfriend call me and I'll explain to her how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    None of this is "my problem" Its my "hobby" at the moment.

Have your girlfriend call me and I'll explain to her how to do it
    It's okay, I called her and she told me that you can pass the message to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Okay, so go out and buy your first "small pack" of condoms (no sense getting the large pack only for it to expire on you). You should be ready and positive thinking about this.

If you have no intentions of ever going back to POF to look for a serious relationship then you might fair better on there then you will on craigs list if you set up a profile for "casual dating" or "hang out." Just don't expect to be able to email anyone who has restrictions for those who want such things after you've emailed girls who are looking for casual or hang out or the like.

Keep Okstupid and match for the more serious pursuits.
    I'm just baffled how Platonic Girl posted in the dating section when there's clearly a Strictly Platonic..

Platonic girl wants to be 'platonic' with you. That doesn't mean she wants to be plantonic with everyone. It's highly likely she's friend zoned you because she doesn't like your look. Don't bother with her anymore.

Lol. Too late. We're meeting today for a film. She's batshit insane which will do wonders for my attempts to see more crazy shit in life.

Well then just remember that so you don't fall for the crazy PLATONIC darl'n.

Of course not. She's utterly batshit insane. She is attractive but there is no ****ing way I'd be stupid enough to dupe myself.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast