+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is he serious or is he just another jerk?

You don't know him - so what if he's a University lecturer? That somehow makes him trustworthy? My ex had a Uni profile thing but oddly enough it didn't mention he was a lying douche.

Anyway; relax and take it easy - you haven't met. When you do, you can decide if he's worth dating or not. Then you can bring up the topic of exclusivity.

Did you chat with anyone else? Just saying. Sometimes we expect things from other people when we do it ourselves.Like you said you guys are not serious and his just probably being a guy and exploring his options. If you think about it logically you already know this. It's just the attraction you feel towards him that's confusing you. Don't worry, once you're there you will find other guys you will be attracted to and about it being dangerous, you should consider what everyone else is saying too. You can never be too safe.
    // Kavi

Quote Originally Posted by cheers View Post
    but the inside counts?
    Outside first (attraction) inside will need further investigation.

Thank you for all your answers! I have an update
    This morning I received a message from him : I spoke to a girl last night and now I have a guilty conscience.
    And he said that he won't speak to her again if I consider that we're 'together'. I at least appreaciate the fact that he admitted that without me asking anything..
    Well, we'll see if the other me will receive a message from him again..and we'll see how it goes when we actually meet.
    Thanks one more time

good luck and be safe. Id stay away from online dating if I were you but its your choice

I spoke too soon.. I just received a message from him on my fake account : hey, how was your day? did you miss me?"
    I guess he is a jerk

yup you should forget him

yup.......

Quote Originally Posted by cheers View Post
    but beauty comes from inside?
    only in the movies and romance novels.....

Is there any possibility for him to know that you and the other one are the same girl? Just wondering if you made any mistakes and he could suspect what you're up to...
    Last edited by Valixy; 20-06-13 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmthElse View Post
    I spoke too soon.. I just received a message from him on my fake account : hey, how was your day? did you miss me?"
    I guess he is a jerk
    Did you tell him you consider the two of you as "together?" Because until you do, he will still talk to her. He's dating smart and not putting everything into you before he even meets you or you make some kind of committment to him. Now, If you did answer him and tell him that you "consider the two of you together" and that he wouldn't message her after that commitment, then he is a liar and this is one red flag (proven) that matches your one red flag (proven)by setting up a fake account to fool someone you're not even committed to or have yet to meet in person).
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-06-13 at 03:32 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

if he wants to keep his optiins open till they meet in person-that is fine but why lie about it, why mention it at all and tell her without her asking that hes not interested in anyone else? hes a game player..OP move on

She hasn't even responded yet and you're telling her again. ???
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by SmthElse View Post
    Thank you for all your answers! I have an update
    This morning I received a message from him : I spoke to a girl last night and now I have a guilty conscience.
    And he said that he won't speak to her again if I consider that we're 'together'. I at least appreaciate the fact that he admitted that without me asking anything..
    Well, we'll see if the other me will receive a message from him again..and we'll see how it goes when we actually meet.
    Thanks one more time
    Incredibly odd why a guy would mention that to you. Something's missing here

No girl can expect a guy who's online dating not to talk to other women until there's a commitment

Since the beginning I told him he can talk to other women cause we're not together..and I imagined that happens every day as I see him online every day.
    Yes, I found that odd too..that he admitted he talked to her without me asking him about it.
    I did tell him yes, I consider us together..so..
    And I don't think he realised that we're the same person cause I've been really careful and inventive.
    I confronted him after, saying: I opened my account to delete it and I saw you online(cause he was online)..you're talking to that other girl, aren't you? And I made him admit it again and now his reason was: I want to improve my english (the other me is from Britain) and we talk in german. I told him I know english too! Why don't you talk to me? And he said: she's a native! )The amount of bullshit is too damn high! I wished him good luck with her.
    Then I talked to him as the britain girl cause I couldnt delete or not respond cause he would notice it.. and I was more serious..and he said,disappointed,that yesterday you were more flirty with me.. so that's what he was looking for..
    Anyway..he lied to me and thats what bothers me..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast