+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost in love

Lost in love

I need some honest advice.

I have an 8 week relationship with this girl. She was very full on and said she had never quite met anyone like me before. Said she loved me and never wanted it to end. Then within a 24 hour period dumped me! No clear indication at the time but later it transpired that she said it did't feel right. I accepted this then another 8 weeks passed. For the last 3 weeks of that period there was no communication. Each had house keys and there was some clothing. I had earlier suggested that we had over which she agreed then called off. I was strong and starting to rebuild. Then out of the blue she texted me last Wednesday. It was formal and said she was having a clear out and what did I want to do about my clothes (No mention of the key). I was strong and said lets hand everything over. so I went to see her and did just that. I was at her house for over 3 hours. We talked and then I noticed that things began to change. She then said maybe I do still love you. Lets try again.

Wednesday to Saturday was amazing. We talked, she said that glad I never gave up on her, started making plans but we both agreed to take it slow. On the Wednesday evening she said could sleep after meeting up again. Last Sunday she invited me to her father's and a BBQ. There 5 hours with all the family. Noticed very little contact with me. No kissing nothing. We got back to hers and she said that we had to talk. Then the bombshell! She said that there is no spark and was not in love with me. There had been no discussion, no argument so it came as a bit of a surprise. She could't even look at me and asked me to leave. Said she wanted it to work and still wanted me to be in her life. Saw me as her bestfriend but not boyfriend.

Now my head is spinning. Don't know what to think. She seemed very clear in her feelings last week up to this point ''Think I have realised that I still love you' 'so glad you never game up on me' 'you are an amazing person'. First break up said that 'hardest decision ever had to make'. I know it is right now to leave her alone which is what I am doing.

It sounds like she's trying to keep you on the hook until something better comes along, or maybe the girl is just clueless as to what her criteria for a man/relationship is. Either way, it sounds like a headache to me. Good luck

Sounds like this girl doesn't know what she wants and she's been taking you on an emotional roller coaster, idk why you'd want to have anything to do with her.

I certainly wouldn't tolerate that crap. I would ditch her and move on.

Thank you all for your comments. The last I heard from her was about a job interview. Did'nt respond and not heard anymore.