+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is he cheating with my friend?

Forgiveness is up to the individual and only you can decide to forgive. However, for you to consider forgiving him he must have something to be forgiven. It sounds like you are convinced he screwed your friend. For some people this would be a deal breaker, you just need to decide if it is for you. You are the only person who can make that decision.

yup but bear in mid if you decide to forgive him that means you cant keep punishing him. its either walk away or let it go AND if it happens again-its your own fault coz you now know what hes like but choose to ignore it.

btw if he did cheat with your friend-it prob happened more than once-prob still happening now. why would you move to another country to be with a bloke you dont trust? do you think hell change if you live together? he wont. and he wont change either when you plan to have a baby in the hope thatl make him respect you-nor after you marry him.

its better to save yourself all that hope and heartache now and look up co-dependency

Time to cue the Elton John music again... Can you feel the love tonight.......

But Michelle, you know it seems like you and I may just be in agreement on more things that we think. We clearly have our differences and Im sure we will butt heads again but for as much grief I have given you in the past I think its only appropriate to give you kudos when I do agree with you. This is one of those times. Great comments today. In all reality, with a little more time, experience, and tolerance under your belt I think you will evolve into a very effective person to seek advice from, and I mean that. Just don't get to ahead of yourself. Again, great comments today.

thank you. the only thing we disagree on so far is male/female friendships. i have no beef with you and we should call a truce

The sad thing about this is that you're willing to relocate for a man who you strongly suspect of cheating. Why? Aren't there other, better men to be found?

I'm not the jealous type and I give partners freedom (and I like mine in return), but once trust is broken, that's it. I have no interest in spending a lifetime wondering if they're gardening my best friends cherry tree. And rendering myself neurotic in the process; I have friends who have done that and they're basket cases now.

Quote Originally Posted by TablesandChairs View Post
    I'm not the jealous type and I give partners freedom (and I like mine in return), but once trust is broken, that's it. I have no interest in spending a lifetime wondering if they're gardening my best friends cherry tree. And rendering myself neurotic in the process; I have friends who have done that and they're basket cases now.
    Staying in a relationship with someone who has broken your trust or betrayed you leads to depression, low self-esteem, extreme jealousy, paranoia, insecurity, lots of fights, stress and anxiety. It is really not worth it. I am like you-I have never been the jealous type and if someone made me feel that way-I would just walk straight out the door (even without proof) I think you should always follow your instincts and in situations like this-your own emotional and mental well being comes first

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12