+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need to fix my relationship desperately. Please help

Need to fix my relationship desperately. Please help

Me and my boyfriend have been together for about 8 months now but have known each other for over a year. As soon as we met we fell madly in love and ever since we just can't stay away from each other. It started of as being long distance and only seeing each other the weekends and sometimes two weeks at a time. He only lives an hour away by train and in the last few months I've been spending every day and night here with him. All the time together has meant arguing pretty much everyday. Yesterday he said he had to finish with me because its all too much. He went out for a couple hours came back and said he can't imagine his life without me and will be by my side forever and was deeply sorry for what he did. It's happened 3 times (him saying he's leaving me) and he says I need to go back to my house for a week because all the time together is making us argue. But during this time he will not leave me and will never leave me. He's at work now and is back at 9 .. I feel like I'm absolutely terrified of losing him. Neither of us have ever cheated. We're completely honest and respect each other. He wants it to work just as much as I do but he says the only way it can be fixed if I leave tomorrow for a week. I'm happy to do this if it means us getting on again like how we used to. But I don't really like being at home and I'm worried about how much I'm going to miss him spending 7 nights apart. The longest I've spent away from him in the past two months is one night. I know that's not healthy and this is why I'm willing to do it. I love him so much and would literally do anything for me. I can't let it end ... I just don't know what I can do to fix it.

This relationship is not working. A week apart wont make any difference. You are only together 8 months and if you argue every day-it is not because you spend too much time together-its because you are not compatable. This should be the happiest time for both of you. You should be all over each other like a rash-instead you are tearing each other to shreds. Its probably best if you just end it now

I have been with my bf for 5 years, we live together now and we always spent a lot of time together but never argued like that. Its a warning sign that you are not right for each other

Picture your life in 2 or 5 years. If you cant realistically see yourself still being with this guy then leave. If you argue this much now do you really think careers, marriage, kids, ect, ect........ are going to make things better?

Be careful, you are becoming waaaay too attached to this guy for the length of time you have been dating.

I agree with the above responses, a week apart isn't likely to fix anything. If it was initially long distance you should be appreciating eachother and the time you are getting to spend together after so long apart.

People who can't live together can't be together long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I have been with my bf for 5 years, we live together now and we always spent a lot of time together but never argued like that. Its a warning sign that you are not right for each other
    Why say this to her? Going on about your wonderful boyfriend of 5 years that you never fight with big ****ing whoop. He doesn't even want to marry you. I hope your together 10 years and you still don't get a ring. Ur so annoying. Is there a way to block ppl so u can't see their responses to questions? Every post you say is "break up" and how awesome ur boyfriend of 5 years is. If he's so awesome why isn't he your husband. Lmao.