+ Follow This Topic

Thread: that moment you say something stupid

that moment you say something stupid

so my girlfriend got her hair done yesterday. she went to a lighter color. she told me about it and i said i was excited to see it. i had to work all day then saw her at about midnight, and to be honest i had pretty much forgotten about her hair since i had a busy day at work and im use to her dark hair so i wasn;t expecting to see something different. when i saw her i told her i really liked it and it looked great on her

she asked if i really liked it and i said yes. then she said you looked surprised and i said "well honestly i almost forgot, like it slipped my mind, i just wasn;t expect it then when i saw it i was like woahhhh!, then i remembered you colored it" she siad "wow your an ass" i said "oh come on, i told you i like it, it looks great, i'm so use to you having dark hair, it just took me by surprise"

yea i hate those moments when you dont filter what you say

haha she is over reacting. I wouldnt take any notice if my bf didnt notice my hair. At least you noticed straight away when you saw her which is more than most men would notice

you did nothing wrong

Do not apologize any more than you have already. Let her get over it.

I agree with the others.
    She could just be feeling insecure about her change in appearance (dark to light is a big change to some girls, especially if it's not something they're use to having done). I know I always feel uncertain when I feel I have drastically changed my looks. Given that she's your girlfriend, it's probably very important to her that she's attractive to you and given the "big change", she could be feeling ultra-sensitive toward your opinion regarding her appearance.

I would just reassure her, at random intervals, that she's super sexy!!
    Sex her up

agree....dont worry about it..she was proly just uncertain. that fact that you noticed right away is good though. so what you forgot? you saw her at midnight, it slipped out of your mind. big deal

you didnt say anything stupid

You were not being an ass and you should not have apologised. She sounds like a right Princess
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.