+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to find good women?

I have been out of the dating "loop" for a good many years but I will tell you what I think is the best way. If your friends do not perceive you as a jerk then your best bet is to network through your current circles of friends. Let it be known that you are looking for a nice girl and you would be surprised how many people will know somebody that they could potentially set you up with. But..... if you have a bad reputation with your friends of being a user or abuser of women then forget about this route.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Maybe its me but you sound kind of boring. In addition you dont like you really want to put in any effort and seem lazy. Sorry but dating doesnt work the way you like. You ask a person out FIRST, then you get to know her. LOL

You dont want a girl who smokes, has kids, is a vegetarian, doesnt drink....You dont want to go to clubs or bars.....you dont want to answer question on eHarmoney ......blah blah blah!! I mean...honestly.....who doesn't drink? who doesnt live near a Mall?

My advice is pull the stick out of your ass and start living. In other words, you seem like a Square....Women dont like squares. My apologies if Im totally off base here

Wow, that is a LOT of assuming for someone you don't know at all, lol. As they say, to "assume" just makes an ass out of U and ME

Also, yes I do not live near a mall and there are quite a few people that don't drink alcohol. I am guessing you are a city boy born and raised or something?

Apparently, I need to explain a little more. I don't have a problem attracting women. In fact, they tend to come on to me more often then I come on to them these days, lol. Anyways, the point here is that I am trying to filter down to the particular type of woman.

I am a very logical person, so naturally I am trying to find the most efficient way to find what I am looking for. Logically, online dating sites are the smartest way to pin point a particular type of person. I don't know why they have not been working for me as I am rarely unsuccessful at anything I try, so it is a bit frustrating to say the least.

Yes, you guys are right about the fact that I don't get out as much as I should. That is because for my main job and my side work, I seriously spend probably 80% of my life on computers. However, I am forcing myself to make some time to get out more and I do appreciate all the suggestions thus far.

I guess I could give eHarmony a shot. Can anyone answer the question I asked earlier about the site? That question being, can you even look around at people's profiles once you go though all those exhausting questions, or does it just auto-choose one person for you or something?

Thanks
    Last edited by CleanCut; 21-06-13 at 12:56 AM.

What's wrong with assuming on a Internet thread? I even apologized in advanced.

Cut out being "logical". Women are not logical.....that's our jobs as men. I'd think joining a social function of some kind would be the best bet. Other then that, make sure your profile online is fun and somewhat silly. If you come off as fun in your profile and you're decent looking, you'll get Replys .

When I was doing the online thing I had the same boring profile like every one else. Decided to change it one day to just include a bunch of silly facts about myself. Everything changed at that point and just remarried

Cutting out non drinkers severely limits your pool of choice.....just the way it is.

The attitude of "filtering out" all these women that hit on you all the time is the problem. Why?!?! It's so crazy that you would think this way. Live life my friend because one day you will miss the boat
    Last edited by surfhb2; 21-06-13 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    What's wrong with assuming on a Internet thread? I even apologized in advanced.

Cut out being "logical". Women are not logical.....that's our jobs as men. I'd think joining a social function of some kind would be the best bet. Other then that, make sure your profile online is fun and somewhat silly. If you come off as fun in your profile and you're decent looking, you'll get Replys .

When I was doing the online thing I had the same boring profile like every one else. Decided to change it one day to just include a bunch of silly facts about myself. Everything changed at that point and just remarried

Cutting out non drinkers severely limits your pool of choice.....just the way it is.

The attitude of "filtering out" all these women that hit on you all the time is the problem. Why?!?! It's so crazy that you would think this way. Live life my friend because one day you will miss the boat
    I know, I was kidding about the assuming remark, hence the smiley face, lol. I know most women are not logical beings, but I intend to find the type I am after in a logical way. That was all I meant. Also, I don't care if the woman I date drink, most do, but I just don't. I like to be able to filter women I meet because I don't feel I should have to waste time on ones that have direct deal breakers for me. What is the sense in that?

I do see what you are getting at, be more open and such, but I figure if I can filter out some it will be quicker to find what I want without wasting time. Since I am kind of late to the game anyways, haven't dated in years due to my work focus, I really don't want to waste any time unnecessarily. Dating is always just a bunch of "gray area", per-say, and I hate gray area. I wish dating was like buying a car. Find a model you like, make sure it is all good under the hood with low mileage and make the deal, lol. Too bad its not that easy in the dating world

BTW, I still would like an answer to that eHarmony question if anyone knows.

Thanks

I can only echo the thought that you're being too choosy. With the list of things that you can't accept, it doesn't leave many options. And of the women who do fit the bill, then you need to find someone who you get on well with.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

have this stuck in my head after reading the thread

No offense intended. It's just that I can't stop singing it
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    I know most women are not logical beings
    *massive eye roll*

Im very logical and practical. My emotions are kept far away from my sleeve *smh*

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post

"Goody Two Shoes"
    No offense intended. It's just that I can't stop singing it
    Lol, not the first time I've heard that

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    *massive eye roll*
    At least I just implied "most". surfhb2 said
    "Women are not logical.....that's our jobs as men."

lol

I already know surfhb is sexist, I just hoped you wouldn't tag along :-).

How the fuuck am I sexist? It was a general statement. So you're saying analytic thinking and logic are good ways to describe how women think in regards to love and emotions? Funny stuff!

I love the term: "women don't think logically, they think more".

Thinking like a guy isn't going to help in writing up a good on line profile.....thanks for letting me explain my answer

Check out this video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg&feature=youtu.be
    Last edited by surfhb2; 21-06-13 at 09:29 AM.

That's a real bad video....bad fashion my god. Sailor/buccaneer/cowboy....gay. The 80's were pretty bad mmmmmmkay lol.

I am analytical and logical-always have been especially when it comes to dating. Any guy i have ever dated was analyzed in detail, weighing up the pros and cons, sussing out if hes trustworthy, if he ticks all the boxes etc etc and he had np idea my mind was racing as i smiled sweetly and acted completely laid back and relaxed. Ive never let my emotions take over in the early stages.

I honestly think people who wear their heart on their sleeve are complete idiots and judt keeping falling for mr wrong over and over again. Its not just women-many men make the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    That's a real bad video....bad fashion my god. Sailor/buccaneer/cowboy....gay. The 80's were pretty bad mmmmmmkay lol.
    Agreed, lol

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I am analytical and logical-always have been especially when it comes to dating. Any guy i have ever dated was analyzed in detail, weighing up the pros and cons, sussing out if hes trustworthy, if he ticks all the boxes etc etc and he had np idea my mind was racing as i smiled sweetly and acted completely laid back and relaxed. Ive never let my emotions take over in the early stages.

I honestly think people who wear their heart on their sleeve are complete idiots and judt keeping falling for mr wrong over and over again. Its not just women-many men make the same mistake.
    Well said

Don't like bar, drink or smoke? Try church.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast