+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to find good women?

Where to find good women?

Hello folks,

New here

Ok, so I am a good clean cut, decent looking 28 year old guy who doesn't smoke or drink. Since that eliminates the bars and clubs options, where does a guy like myself go to meet good marriageable women these days? I have been trying the online dating sites for about 6 months and have had no luck at all. I haven't spent a lot of time with this kind of thing in the past, so I am pretty rusty. I need some opinions and incites here please.

Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello "New Here"
    One of the best places to meet women are at concerts or events. Look at meetup.com for different groups that have your similar interests and you will meet women that will want to spend time with you.
    I have heard that the grocery store is a place to meet women, go in and ask a single woman about a recipe or some certain food and she will give you the signal if she wants to meet you. Frequenting the same coffee shops can also provide an opportunity to speak with some ladies who go there regularly. Churches and spiritual centers are also great places to meet good women. Any where you are is perfect to meet women, if you can be honest and authentic. It is best if you wait for the woman to notice you first. And go from there. JB

lalalita Guest
    Anywhere! If you see a woman you find attractive, approach her. What do you have to lose?

Thanks for the great replies so far, and so quick too!

Thanks for those suggestions jbruce. Never thought of some of those.

lalalita - The problem with that is I like to know some things about a women before asking her out. Mainly if they smoke, have kids, or are vegetarians, then I don't won't to waste my time on them. Other than online dating and my limited amount of co-workers, which is just not working for me, it is not easy to find out this kind of info beforehand and it is not even easy to ask those questions when first meeting. What can I do about that?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What are you looking for? Fun flings or a relationship?

Have you tried a paid dating site?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

A real relationship and I have tried Match.com (a paid site), as well as POF.com and OKCupid. Even though I find women that would be a perfect match to me often, they never respond to my messages. I don't think it has anything to do with the messages I send them either, or my photos for that matter, because 90% of the time that I message them, with the photos included, they do actually look at my profile. I have been trying dating sites for more than 6 months now, messaged probably 200+ women with no responses at all, so I can only conclude that I must be doing something wrong with my profile description or something. Quite disappointing actually.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try eharmony. I didn't like Match.com.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I was going to create a test account for eharmony, but I sat there for like 5 min going through a bunch of bs questions and that was only 25% of the creation process it said. I don't think that site is setup for what I need. I really like the three sites I have tried so far, just no responses.

lalalita Guest
    Going on a fun, casual, date is how you find out all that information. You're not obligated to seriously get involved with every woman you date.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    I was going to create a test account for eharmony, but I sat there for like 5 min going through a bunch of bs questions and that was only 25% of the creation process it said. I don't think that site is setup for what I need. I really like the three sites I have tried so far, just no responses.
    Slog through the questions. Do it when you aren't tired. It's worth it. Not sure about their secret recipe, but it certainly worked for me.

Probably better for mature, busy professionals, mind. Not sure you fit that profile.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Try the mall hehe

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    Try the mall hehe
    I would, if there was a mall around me, lol.

I guess I could try eharmony, but find it pretty ridiculous on the surface and very time consuming. Can you even look around at people's profiles once you go though all those exhausting questions, or does it just auto-choose one person for you or something?

Maybe its me but you sound kind of boring. In addition you dont like you really want to put in any effort and seem lazy. Sorry but dating doesnt work the way you like. You ask a person out FIRST, then you get to know her. LOL

You dont want a girl who smokes, has kids, is a vegetarian, doesnt drink....You dont want to go to clubs or bars.....you dont want to answer question on eHarmoney ......blah blah blah!! I mean...honestly.....who doesn't drink? who doesnt live near a Mall?

My advice is pull the stick out of your ass and start living. In other words, you seem like a Square....Women dont like squares. My apologies if Im totally off base here
    Last edited by surfhb2; 20-06-13 at 02:00 PM.

I agree you should get out more and have fun. Go to social events with friends-its a good place to meet people. Even if its only dinner and drinks with a bunch of friends (you dont have to drink) but getting out of the house and socializing is very important for meeting new people. I would get off the internet and get out of the house if I were you

You don't have to drink to go to bars or clubs, you can drink non-alcoholic drinks. You have to get out there and do things you say you can't or won't do in order to meet people.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast