+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I just the back up plan?

Am I just the back up plan?

Well I've been dating a guy for almost a year now. Things started out good just like they always do. But as it went on him and his ex started getting along better and better. He still has to deal with her because they have a kid together. Which is fine. I understand keeping things civil when there are kids involved. Well out of the blue a couple months ago he tells me that I need to move back to my hometown so I can go to school out there cause I couldn't afford to go where we were living and that we were not going to do a long distance relationship and that we had to end it right there. Well we ended it for a while but I knew there was more to it than just that and then I found out that he was trying to work things out with his ex. Well needless to say she didn't wanna be back with him she just wanted to see if he would leave me for her. Which he did. And when he found out that she didn't wanna be with him he came crawling back to me. And I took him back although I was moving in a week. But now he was all for doing a long distance relationship. When before he wasn't. But now I can't help but feel like I'm his back up plan. Like he'd rather be with her but instead he will settle for me. And we don't talk much anymore. And I constantly feel like I can't trust him. Everyone says I should end it but I just don't know what to do. I would love for some advice and if u think I'm just his back up plan too?

You are his back up plan.. The signs are all there ... Please read your own post .. He is not over his ex.. He does not deserve you.

You're disposable to him. He gets rid of you when it suits him, picks you back up when his plans fall through. Not good.

Run and don't look back.

What do you mean you dont know what to do? The answer is obvious. Dump him. Why would you ever want to be second best to anyone?

He is using you. Run now. I'm so glad your moving away from this jerk soon.

Would it almost seem like its too late to end it for this reason? Like I said it happened like 3 months ago. And things have been okay since cause I'm a quite person and don't tend to make a fuss about things. But it just has been eating at me like none other.

You can end it for whatever reason you want. You dont owe him an explanation. Just tell him its not working, your not happy and you want out.dont even bother with crap like i think we should just be friends or whatever. Dont drag it out.

If everyone is telling you to dump him-then dump him girl. Your family and friends have your best interests at heart. If noone likes your bf then they cant all be wrong. Its a red flag when the people close to you are not keen on him. There not lookin at him through rose tinted glasses like you are and are usually right about these things