+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girls, do you enjoy good morning texts?

Ya know, maybe its a generational thing and at 42 I am just some old as fart, but this whole need to be in constant contact with your man/woman through texting seems like a waste of time and energy. I have no problem with texting and even do it myself, but the impression I get is people are relying on texting way to much.

Quote Originally Posted by sadbunnyface View Post
    Haha, how is that high maintenance to have a preference on comms? I like to hear I love you, not read it, because it means more. Not like I get that, so. I make calls instead of texts.
    Well I dont have time for all that mumbo jumbo in the morning, What happened in the days with no mobiles ? As said earlier ... It the thought that counts.. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Am I crazy? View Post
    Ya know, maybe its a generational thing and at 42 I am just some old as fart, but this whole need to be in constant contact with your man/woman through texting seems like a waste of time and energy. I have no problem with texting and even do it myself, but the impression I get is people are relying on texting way to much.
    This is absolutely correct... alot of relationship issues are caused by all this multi media crap.. fb, texting and so on. Its just another thing to argue about. modern technology is a double edged weapon, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    This is absolutely correct... alot of relationship issues are caused by all this multi media crap.. fb, texting and so on. Its just another thing to argue about. modern technology is a double edged weapon, so to speak.
    you have 739 posts and only thanked 9 times, you are a lousy poster.you're comments/advice are irrelevant.you are clearly a very old man.
    Last edited by toyboy; 28-06-13 at 03:04 AM.

I think for us in our early 20s, texting is just another form of communication. It's something that comes spontaneously, since we've been communicating this way with each other since we were pre-teens. It would feel strange to not receive a goodnight text from my boyfriend every night (unless we are together obviously) and whenever we don't see each other for over an hour or so, we generally keep in touch via text. It's not like we're in constant communication, it's more like a couple of texts every hour or so, just to keep in touch with each other. It would feel really strange to not have that.

I guess for older generations it's not the same thing, since for them texting is an extra form of communication.

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy View Post
    you have 739 posts and only thanked 9 times, you are a lousy poster.you're comments/advice are irrelevant.you are clearly a very old man.
    Oh Ha ha ha ha ....... Sorry Skater boy, I'll pick up my game just for you princess. I could'nt stop laughing at this. I cant help but think your comment proved my point entirely.

loove texting

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    whenever we don't see each other for over an hour or so, we generally keep in touch via text. It's not like we're in constant communication.
    Needing texts when you don't see each other for an hour is not constant communication???

I'm all for communication and texting, but egads.

And it's not that older generations view texting as an extra form of communication. We just know the value of actual interpersonal interaction.

I've seen teens sitting next to each other and texting. It's like they completely lack real social skills, and without a phone to hide behind, they are lost.

i would rather text night than morning

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    Needing texts when you don't see each other for an hour is not constant communication???

I'm all for communication and texting, but egads.

And it's not that older generations view texting as an extra form of communication. We just know the value of actual interpersonal interaction.

I've seen teens sitting next to each other and texting. It's like they completely lack real social skills, and without a phone to hide behind, they are lost.
    Constant communication is when you need to text each other every 5 minutes or so. A couple texts every hour or so isn't constant communication. Also, we can communicate very well in person as well. Texting and communicating effectively in person aren't two mutually exclusive abilities, you know. A lot of people from older generations have trouble understanding this, they view texting as a sub-form of communication that inhibits "real" interpersonal communication... when in fact it actually enhances the totality of communication.

Yeah, I prefer texting during the night

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Well I dont have time for all that mumbo jumbo in the morning, What happened in the days with no mobiles ? As said earlier ... It the thought that counts.. <3
    Lol, on mumbo jumbo. I prefer landlines to cell phones any day actually. I rarely have mine turned on unless making calls, is why I had to pay extra for Vm'ing. Is the thought that counts, you are right, even if a quick call or text at any point of the day to say you were on my mind, should mean lots. Sometimes if a guy or girl calls or texts too much it will be seen as checking up on, so damned if you do, damned if you don't , imo. I'm currently in freeze out mode, so nada comin my way.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12