+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    Thanks for that LifeInflux. Yea, I am not taking trevor's feedback seriously because I could really care less how attractive another man finds me anyways. Especially some guy from Azerbaijan who can barely even spell out a complete sentence in English
    And now he's a dead Azerbaijani so that won't do much for improving his spelling
    Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

Especially some guy from Azerbaijan who can barely even spell out a complete sentence in English
    What's with the racism? His nationality and his english-writing abilities say nothing at all about him as a person. I bet most people here can't spell a single word in his language.

I would have said "especially from someone as blatantly idiotic as him" or something.

Back on topic now, sorry for the interruption :-).

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    the truth hurts.a face only a mutha could love lol
    eh , what's a mutha?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    What's with the racism? His nationality and his english-writing abilities say nothing at all about him as a person. I bet most people here can't spell a single word in his language.

I would have said "especially from someone as blatantly idiotic as him" or something.

Back on topic now, sorry for the interruption :-).
    Wow, I even get suggestions on how to improve my insults here, LOL. You guys are awesome! By the way, I actually didn't intend for that comment to be raciest. I mentioned his nationality just to point to the fact that "good looking" people in his country are probably different than that of the US. Yea though, people that blurt out half-baked messages like his indicate to me a lack of intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverLover View Post
    eh , what's a mutha?
    I think he meant a face only a mother could love. Btw no offence cleancut You're getting there and great job

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, I even get suggestions on how to improve my insults here, LOL. You guys are awesome!
    LOL, this guy is a cutie.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL, this guy is a cutie.
    Why thank you

I have to add one more thing.....maybe eliminate the "I don't like" type stuff in your profile. I think the ladies find it a bit off putting.You should fill it with just things you like and enjoy...make it more upbeat and positive. You can discuss the "I don't like tattoos" and stuff like that privately when you chat with a potential date instead. As for "quality guy" comes off as being a bit pretentious. I would be more interested if a guy says "Small town guy looking for sweet small town girl". ....something like that.....it's more inviting.

Change "I do not drink" to non-drinker.....just sounds not so in your face.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I have to add one more thing.....maybe eliminate the "I don't like" type stuff in your profile. I think the ladies find it a bit off putting.You should fill it with just things you like and enjoy...make it more upbeat and positive. You can discuss the "I don't like tattoos" and stuff like that privately when you chat with a potential date instead. As for "quality guy" comes off as being a bit pretentious. I would be more interested if a guy says "Small town guy looking for sweet small town girl". ....something like that.....it's more inviting.

Change "I do not drink" to non-drinker.....just sounds not so in your face.

Just my 2 cents.
    Yea, some of those things are deal breakers for me and need to be said, so I tried to word it as nice as possible. However, I may be able to lighten it up a bit though. I might change that "quality guy" headline to something like you suggested as well.

I don't like how it says "I do not drink" either, but unfortunately all those profile details in that section are just drop down fields on your POF profile and you can't change the wording on it.

Thanks again for the input

So how's it going, any positive replies or dates since you revamped your pics & profile?
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

I still have some to message and I'll give you guys an update this weekend. I have been get more profile views and "Meet Me" requests this week than usual though, so that is a good sign that the pics are helping

hows it going?

Ugh

So, I messaged 30+ women over the course of the last week, all of which had similar interests and such, with yet again not a single blasted response. Once again, most everyone I messaged did view my profile afterwards, but nothing after that. Very discouraging considering the effort I am putting into this fiasco.

I decided to go through the absurdly long and tedious process of creating an eHarmony profile this weekend. After all that, it only showed 5 people as a potential match; only 1 of which was actually acceptable. I noticed today I have a few more showing up now. It appears that eHarmony only slowly drip feeds you matches over time for some reason instead of allowing searching. There is no real searching capability on the site, which I find pretty darn ridiculous myself.

I guess I will use my paid time with eHarmony to see if anything comes of it, but I really doubt anything will considering the extremely limited way they have it setup. If no go with it, then I am throwing in the towel on this online dating stuff. I may just have to go back to dating the good looking yet quite shallow people around here that I tend to attract in person. Such a pitty though since online dating seems like such a sensible and logical approach yet ends up just being a disappointment on many levels and a serious waste of time/energy/money.
    Last edited by CleanCut; 22-07-13 at 12:25 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    eHarmony 'learns' from your activity, I think. I started off w/only a few prospects also. As people view your profile, and you start contacting others, things will expand.

Learn to keep those expectations in check. If I had a guy like you contact me, with your attitude, I'd be put off. People want things to be light and cheerful in the early interactions.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 22-07-13 at 12:49 PM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    eHarmony 'learns' from your activity, I think. I started off w/only a few prospects also. As people view your profile, and you start contacting others, things will expand.

Learn to keep those expectations in check. If I had a guy like you contact me, with your attitude, I'd be put off. People want things to be light and cheerful in the early interactions.

Ok, I'll give it some time then. BTW, what do you mean by "with your attitude"? I'm sure you be disappointed in my situation as well.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast