+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

True I guess, lol.

Why would you even have to point out that you don't lie, cheat or steal?! Just by mentioning those things you are making people think about them as they read your profile. It's advertising 101...

So, what am I looking for you ask? Well, just a nice, trustworthy, down to earth, and drama free gal would be nice. I prefer low key women who can also appreciate a good steak every once in a while. I'm a decent guy just looking for my match. Sound reasonable enough I hope?

Feel free to shoot me a message :-)
    This is much better, however I would change it to this:

So, what am I looking for you ask? Well, just a nice, down to earth, drama free gal who can appreciate a good steak once in a while. Sound reasonable enough I hope? :-D

Feel free to shoot me a message :-)
    There really is no need to imply that a person reading your profile could be untrustworthy. Also, "low key" might sound like a negative thing... so a woman might be discouraged to message you, because it would make her automatically "low key". There also really is no need to repeat that you are a decent guy. Why would you even put that in question?
    Last edited by searock; 27-07-13 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Why would you even have to point out that you don't lie, cheat or steal?! Just by mentioning those things you are making people think about them as they read your profile.
    I agree with this....this is something that is unnecessary to mention in your profile. You need to be more relaxed and easy going and POSITIVE about people, things in general and life.

Ok, thanks guys!

you got your pose all wrong

chicks dig this shit!

Lol, thank you Funkmaster Flex

Ok, made the suggested changes to my profiles. I thought I got a message back from a couple of people on eHarmony, but apparently I don't understand how their communication system works. I send people emails like I do on other sites, but when eHarmony says "You received a message from ---", you go to see what their response is and it just wants you to create predetermined questions to send them or something instead of having any kind of message from them. I guess I'll have to figure this out a bit to see if they were actually interested or not. Seems that nothing is simple anymore these days, lol.
    Last edited by CleanCut; 30-07-13 at 12:55 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    When I was dating, I just went out on dates to give them a chance, and also to just get out and have a good time. If nothing ever came of it then oh well no big deal, just move on.
    Same^. In fact, I didn't even really want to be on the dates but I felt like I needed to make the effort to go out, so I did.

Its just meeting people. Like networking. Don't make it more than it is.

I didn't feel that the internet was competitive, but I wasn't really invested in it either.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    Ok, made the suggested changes to my profiles. I thought I got a message back from a couple of people on eHarmony, but apparently I don't understand how their communication system works.
    There is a message tab. I found this confusing too. If it says you got a message, then you did. Search around.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I didn't feel that the internet was competitive, but I wasn't really invested in it either.
    Well it is now without a doubt. In fact, I have never had to work so hard for a date in my life, lol. It may just be that way for us guys though, since women just have to sort through all the messages they receive to choose a date and we have to do all the initiating work.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    There is a message tab. I found this confusing too. If it says you got a message, then you did. Search around.
    Not sure when you used the service, but it apparently has become much more of a PITA since you were there. I don't think I have ever used a more convoluted website; and this is coming from a guy who builds and supports websites for a living, lol.

There are actually two message tabs in eHarmony. One is on the main page, which always says "check back later" for some reason, and the other is in the matches section. The one in the matches section is very misleading. Even if you just get a person that "allows" you to message them, yea you actually have to do that, it pops up a thing that says "You have a new message!", when you really do not have a real message.

Another thing it keeps doing is changing my settings and showing me people that are not matches. The other day all the sudden it changed me from a non-smoker to a "social smoker" on its own and started showing me people who smoke. That site is simply a mess; and I thought the other dating sites were bad, lol.
    Last edited by CleanCut; 31-07-13 at 05:55 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, it sounds like its changed. Oh well.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yea, it stinks now for sure, lol. O'well indeed.

It sounds like everyone is out of ideas on improving my profile anymore, which I hope is a good thing. What I am going to do is ride out my remaining time on my paid services, which I think is through October on both, and if no go, I'll just pull the plug on this online dating attempt and write it off as a big $200+ fail.

Again, I truly appreciate all the awesome support I have received from you all and it has meant much more to me than any results that will come from it.

If I happen across any success on those sites in coming months, I'll let you guys know, if you care to know that is.

Thanks again guys!
    Last edited by CleanCut; 01-08-13 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy. View Post
    you got your pose all wrong

chicks dig this shit!
    he actually looks a little like cleancut lol

Lol, lovely

Hi Clean Cut! First of all please ignore all these mean people comments. I made my first post on a forum asking a question and had a lot of nasty people dump their emotions on me. People who go on forums and write very nasty stuff are just looking for an outlet to dump their negative feelings on.

It bothered me to read their comments and was just blatant they said whatever mean things were in their head...

Now, in regards to your profile try to put a few more everyday pictures on there. You have some great funny ones which gives the first impression to me you are light hearted which everyone woman looks for.

I didn't bother to read much of the negative banter but saw a lot of "I wouldn't date a 28 yr old guy in my early 20s" everyone has their own different age rules and I know PLENTY of ladies that will date younger, a tad older, older so don't worry about age. Just look for chemistry.

I will try to read what you wrote in a bit and give some further feedback on my personal first impression. I hope all is well!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast