+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by cheers View Post
    u chat somuch shit dont you,i'm 22 and my gf is 18.theres nothin wrong with it.maybe u find it wrong but it isn't.girls mature way faster than guys, so it just depends on ur maturity levels
    You are clearly very immature, so I'd say you and your gf are pretty balanced out. Besides, a 22-18 isn't as bad as 28-20.
    Last edited by searock; 22-06-13 at 01:30 AM.

Wow, interesting feedback and not quite what I expected, lol. That is good though as I do take feedback well.

basilandthyme- I figured not drinking would actually be seen as a strength, since it shows responsibility. Kind of hard to believe that not drinking would be seen as a negative these days, lol.

I described cars like I did to show that I have passion for something. I am really into cars and that is something that a women would just have to accept to be with me as this is never going to change. I do have a lot of love to give though for sure. Also, everyone has their own food taste and I haven't even heard of some of that stuff you mentioned, lol. I am mostly a pizza, chicken, and burger guy myself.

Yea, I tried my best to get as professional looking photos as possible, but when it comes down to it, I am just not very photogenic. I have always been told that I look much better in real life than in any photos of myself, lol.

As for the hairsyle, a lot of women do like the more traditional look like mine. I simply can't stand the cruddy messy look of today's hairstyles. They just look so unprofessional and juvenile. As I mentioned, I don't have trouble attracting women face-to-face in real life, so I doubt that would be the issue. I could be wrong though I guess.

TablesandChairs & michelle23- I'm not sure what you mean by those comments and I have never heard that at all before about my photos. I am far from any type of creepy in real life, lol. I have quite a nice voice and personality in real life fortunately and am not violent in anyway shape or form. Also, blue jeans are very common attire for men TablesandChairs. Most guys I see around here wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by cheers View Post
    it'll keep fat chicks away from messaging him

Lol, exactly. In fact, a couple hours after I removed that obese line, I got a message from a very, very obese 21 year old, lol. I don't know why someone that let themselves go that much would ever message a regular mostly fit guy like myself. I mean, I am a regular looking guy, so I don't message chicks that look like supermodels, lol. I may re-add that line. I do get unprovoked messages on different sites from time to time, even very good looking chicks sometimes, but they must not even be reading my profile as they always exhibit at least one of my deal breakers in my profile.

Thanks for the feedback thus far and I am open to more
    Last edited by CleanCut; 22-06-13 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TablesandChairs View Post
    There's something about your photos...my first thoughts were: "Potential serial killer".

I'm not saying you're ugly, just a little bit creepy. Also, not even my dad wears jeans like that anymore...maybe update the wardrobe a little bit.

Also, maybe put some photos up where you're in some sort of social setting, rather than alone in the woods....

hahahaha. Wow, that was funny. So was Basil and Thymes...good laughs. No offense OP.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    basilandthyme- I figured not drinking would actually be seen as a strength, since it shows responsibility. Kind of hard to believe that not drinking would be seen as a negative these days, lol.
    If you are a tee-totaller, it wouldn't be a deal breaker - but it's certainly not an asset either. Though I would see *responsible* drinking as a very strong asset. The bit which would be a dealbreaker is that you won't go to bars. I have a couple of friends who don't drink, but they are still more than happy to go to the pub or bar with friends. It's about being sociable.

As for the rest of the stuff, your question was about why people aren't responding to your ad. I gave you the reasons why I wouldn't respond. The explanations behind what you wrote won't change the face value of the ad for me.

Regarding your dealbreakers, why don't you re-word into what you DO want as opposed to what you don't want. It will make you seem far more positive in your outlook. For example, instead of saying that you don't want an obese person, say you want a fit and active person. Instead of saying no vegetarians, say you're looking for someone who'll enjoy pizza and burgers with you. However, I think it's fine to put "no kids, no smokers" because those are the type of things which turn up on the checklists anyway.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You sound like a good guy, CleanCut. It's just your description in your profile that seems a bit "off". You come off as judgmental, borderline controlling and a bit weird overall. I understand that you have reasons for everything that's written in the description, but as basilandthyme pointed out, what matters is the vibe you convey to women reading only that description, with no further explanation.

You really do talk a lot about cars. How about you talk about your social life instead?

For example, instead of this:

As far as hobbies go, I am a car lover for sure. One of my vehicles is a phantom black 2006 Pontiac GTO, which is a blast to drive. I love working on and tuning up cars for maximum performance. I love hi-def movies, mostly action/comedy flicks, and video games played on my big LED TV. I also own a few model RC cars that I work on and run sometimes, which can be more fun than you think, and build/run websites. I work out about 4 hours a week; got to stay somewhat fit at least, right? Taking a cruise in the GTO or a hike/walk in the mountains is always fun. I do enjoy dining out, like at Chili's, Black-eyed Pea, or a good Chinese restaurant for example, but no bars for me. Also, I can never pass up a good car show of course.
    You could write something like this:

As far as hobbies go, I am a car lover for sure. I love working on and tuning up cars for maximum performance, and I can never pass up a good car show. I love hi-def movies, mostly action/comedy flicks, and video games played on my big LED TV. I work out about 4 hours a week; got to stay somewhat fit at least, right? Taking a cruise in the GTO or a hike/walk in the mountains is always fun. I also enjoy dining out with my friends, although I'm not a great fan of bars.
    Add something more about your social life as well. Do you like to read? What music do you listen to? You should add these details, talk about things that you are passionate about.

I agree with basilandthyme: instead of saying what you don't want, say what you do want.
    Last edited by searock; 22-06-13 at 06:42 AM.

The rugged look pic made me LOL

Wow basilandthyme & searock, you guys are really helping me out and I really appreciate it!

These suggestions make a lot of sense. BTW, that is the first time I ever heard the term "tee-totaller", lol. I think putting a more positive swing on my messaging like that is an awesome idea.

By the way, if your wondering why I don't drink, it is simply because I don't do anything that could affect my driving abilities or potentially hurt anyone. Not to mention, where I live they are extremely strict about DUIs and the littlest amount can get you busted. Not willing to take that risk.

In regards to the bars comment, do bars have to follow the same "no smoking" rules that apply to restaurants these days? That is the main reason I mentioned "no bars" because I can not tolerate cigarette smoke.

About the social life, I don't mention much about it due to not really having one, lol. I do have some friends and family out here that I spend time with a few times a month, but that is about it. However, I will be forcing myself to change this very soon and you guys are helping a lot for my motivation.

You guys don't even know how much this is helping me. I am certainly taking notes here and plan a profile revamp soon. Thanks again and keep the suggestions coming. I am all ears
    Last edited by CleanCut; 22-06-13 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    The rugged look pic made me LOL
    Just curious, what about it made you laugh? Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Ok, I just spent some time redoing my profile in a more positive light based on all of your input so far. Tell me what you think about it now...

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=50706517

I'm still not sure what to do on the photos yet. I'll have to think about how I want to redo those, since apparently they come off as creepy to you guys.

Thanks
    Last edited by CleanCut; 23-06-13 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    Ok, I just spent some time redoing my profile in a more positive light based on all of your input so far. Tell me what you think about it now...

I'm still not sure what to do on the photos yet. I'll have to think about how I want to redo those, since apparently they come off as creepy to you guys.

Thanks
    Much better, especially the part in which you describe the kind of woman you want. Just a note - this

I prefer low key women that aren't covered in tattoos or piercings, doesn't smoke, drink alcohol too often, or do drugs and doesn't already have children.
    should be:

I prefer low key women that aren't covered in tattoos or piercings, don't smoke, drink alcohol too often or do drugs, and don't already have children.
    It's also a good idea to redo the photos. It would be great if you could be in a social setting in which you're having fun with friends, rather than an isolated setting.

Cool, thanks much searock

Yea, I am thinking about the photos at the moment. Think I will see if I can style my hair with more contrast for my main photos and maybe put a couple photos I have with friends and such up as well. I'll work on those more in a couple weeks as I have family coming to visit for a while and it will be hectic. Also, when I get my photos situated, I think I am going to try eHarmony as well since people keep suggesting that to me.

You and the others on this site have helped me a lot and I am very grateful!

Thanks again

I still can't get over the rugged look pic looolz

you need to do something about your "mom hair"
    Last edited by devilish; 26-06-13 at 01:28 AM.

I know, I know, lol. That bit of feedback has been on that image has been received and the problem identified

I think I may have just figured out what I am doing wrong with the hair. I have always just used a comb for hair styling. Apparently, most Men's styles today are styled by brushing instead. I always though brushes were just for Women's use, so I never even considered them, lol. I am going to try one of those boar bristle brushes and see if I can get a little life into my hair.
    Last edited by CleanCut; 26-06-13 at 04:10 AM.

I'm back

Ok, so I redid a couple of the photos with all of your feedback in mind. Hopefully they look less "boyish" this time and more laid back. What do think of my profile photos now?...

Thanks

I like the photo with the red shirt - it might look like you're at a barbecue or something. The photo with the car is also ok, it shows one of your hobbies. But the photo with the neutral background is just weird.

Also, this
    I prefer low key women that aren't covered in tattoos or piercings, doesn't smoke, drink alcohol too often, or do drugs and doesn't already have children.
    should be this:
    I prefer low key women that aren't covered in tattoos or piercings, don't smoke or drink alcohol too often, don't do drugs and don't already have children.
    Sorry for pointing that out again - it just jumps to the eye to anyone reading your profile.

As for the pictures, I really think you should try to get a few pics in a social environment. Who took those pictures? If it was a friend of yours, surely you can go out with him even just for a meal or movie or something... take a picture there. As it is now, it seems that you spend all of your free time entirely alone.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast