+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

Hmmm, see now I would be able to answer yes to all your criteria (except the married part but that's irrelevant in this case and the fact that I do have the occasional cigarette but it is very occasional so if I were looking for someone I probably wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker) but I wouldn't contact you not because of anything looks or car related, but simply because I just don't like the somewhat arrogant, somewhat judgemental feel I get from you (views on vegans and over-weight people, referring to yourself as a quality individual twice). Don't get me wrong, you seem like a nice enough guy and I guess you're just being honest but those things would make me move on if I were looking through profiles for a potential date. Oh and in terms of photos I agree with Searock, the 'professional' shot of you is somehow weird and off-putting, the other two are fine.

1 - I'd lose the main pic. It's eerie. Like a school pic from Hogwarts.

2 - You say humor comes naturally to you, but there's nothing funny in your profile. Try to be a little playful. Like, when you're talking about driving the GTO, add, "and maybe on the 4th date I'll let you behind the wheel "

3 - I think your "wants" is strange. It's like it's really narrow, but also super vague.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I like the photo with the red shirt - it might look like you're at a barbecue or something. The photo with the car is also ok, it shows one of your hobbies. But the photo with the neutral background is just weird.

Also, this

should be this:

Sorry for pointing that out again - it just jumps to the eye to anyone reading your profile.

As for the pictures, I really think you should try to get a few pics in a social environment. Who took those pictures? If it was a friend of yours, surely you can go out with him even just for a meal or movie or something... take a picture there. As it is now, it seems that you spend all of your free time entirely alone.

Thanks for the input again searock. I actually think the way that part is worded sounds better to me with "doesn't" instead of "don't". Also, I am planning on added a social environment pic soon.

BTW, why on earth do think the photo with the gray backdrop is weird? A gradient background is very common for portraits.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    I actually think the way that part is worded sounds better to me with "doesn't" instead of "don't".
    It might sound better to you but it's grammatically incorrect - "women who does not" or "women who do not" - which sounds better to you now?

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Hmmm, see now I would be able to answer yes to all your criteria (except the married part but that's irrelevant in this case and the fact that I do have the occasional cigarette but it is very occasional so if I were looking for someone I probably wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker) but I wouldn't contact you not because of anything looks or car related, but simply because I just don't like the somewhat arrogant, somewhat judgemental feel I get from you (views on vegans and over-weight people, referring to yourself as a quality individual twice). Don't get me wrong, you seem like a nice enough guy and I guess you're just being honest but those things would make me move on if I were looking through profiles for a potential date. Oh and in terms of photos I agree with Searock, the 'professional' shot of you is somehow weird and off-putting, the other two are fine.

Hmm, sounds like you may be looking at an old version of my profile text as my current description doesn't mention those things, such as vegans and over-weight people. Make sure to do a refresh on the page.

Thanks for the input again searock. I actually think the way that part is worded sounds better to me with "doesn't" instead of "don't".
    It may sound better to you, but it is grammatically incorrect. You are talking about women (plural), therefore you should use the plural form of the verb "do". I'm just pointing it out because I know I would be put off by grammatical errors such as this one.

Also, I am planning on added a social environment pic soon.
    Good :-).

BTW, why on earth do think the photo with the gray backdrop is weird? A gradient background is very common for portraits.
    I can't tell you precisely why it's weird... it just gives off a weird vibe, kind of creepy in a way. As you see I'm not the only one that has that impression.

Hmm, sounds like you may be looking at an old version of my profile text as my current description doesn't mention those things, such as vegans and over-weight people. Make sure to do a refresh on the page.
    Yes good point, I am taking all the information on board from what you've written on here as well as your profile so it's probably unfair of me to highlight those things.

Ok, I'll change that wording then.

So, it seems like any photos I have put up with close up portraits seem odd looking to you ladies, yet no one has explained to me why. I would really like to know what looks "odd" in order to make any improvements.

Thanks

They don't look spontaneous, they look like you're posing too hard, like you've prepared yourself specifically to take that photo...

Ok, I'll change that wording then.

So, it seems like any photos I have put up with close up portraits seem odd looking to you ladies, yet no one has explained to me why. I would really like to know what looks "odd" in order to make any improvements.

Thanks
    I told you why. It looks like an eerie class portrait from Hogwarts. Or, juvie. The whole composition of the pic is creepy. Posed, professional, "yearbook" pictures at 28 is just peculiar.

Well, hand on heart I've never been on a dating site until just now when I looked at your profile so I'm probably not the person to answer, to me the studio shot just looks out of place for the purpose, too staged, too un-natural, you're not applying for a passport or getting a security ID badge made up.

I will be honest with you...your profile is absolutely boring! it's like reading an instruction manual for a dishwasher. You are boring, you live in a boring town (you say you won't move too far away which limits selection), your main picture looks like a photo from your high school annual, the car pic is dull, posture is stiff.....opening line is desperate, and the rest was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. You show no sense of humor, and it screams you have no experience. This is why you have no responses.

Argh, does professionalism hold no value these days?, lol. I personally like it when at least one of the photos on someone's profile is good quality "photo shoot" type of photo. If I try to take any close-up pictures in an uncontrolled light, like outside, I can never get as good quality as in door controlled light. Not sure how to make a better portrait photo.

Have it taken in a natural setting like outside on your back deck, leaning up against the railing, hand back holding the railing or leaning up against a large tree...relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I will be honest with you...your profile is absolutely boring! it's like reading an instruction manual for a dishwasher. You are boring, you live in a boring town (you say you won't move too far away which limits selection), your main picture looks like a photo from your high school annual, the car pic is dull, posture is stiff.....opening line is desperate, and the rest was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. You show no sense of humor, and it screams you have no experience. This is why you have no responses.
    Having a bad day smackie9? You have seen my profile before without that kind of response. You are just being negative. Take a chill pill woman.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast