+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

Show some action pictures like you getting all in the dirt on your ATV or chillin around a camp fire with your buddies.....natural.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    Having a bad day smackie9? You have seen my profile before without that kind of response. You are just being negative. Take a chill pill woman.
    I am just being honest. Relax I am trying to help you. reality is needed....I will tell you what is going to give you a leg up on this.

I have another suggestion....go take a look at the featured profiles of guys and see what they have put on their profiles. They post those ones because they get the most hits by the ladies.

Another tip: there is nothing wrong with embellishing on your information.....especially about relationship experience. You are being Too squeaky clean. Need to make yourself a little mysterious, a little dangerous, some macho. You want the girls to get excited about you.

You have a forum of ladies that want to help you...so no matter the criticism, please be open to our suggestion...we really want you to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I have another suggestion....go take a look at the featured profiles of guys and see what they have put on their profiles. They post those ones because they get the most hits by the ladies.
    Lol, I don't think I can with the settings on POF, since it knows I am a straight guy. Plus, you can tell when someone views your profile and I don't want to creep out any guys on there, lol. It would be a good idea if it would let me though.

Argh, does professionalism hold no value these days?, lol. I personally like it when at least one of the photos on someone's profile is good quality "photo shoot" type of photo. If I try to take any close-up pictures in an uncontrolled light, like outside, I can never get as good quality as in door controlled light. Not sure how to make a better portrait photo.
    Lol I'm sorry I was under the impression we were trying to help you get dates via your dating-site profile, I didn't realise you were going for a job interview.

Lol, I don't think I can with the settings on POF, since it knows I am a straight guy. Plus, you can tell when someone views your profile and I don't want to creep out any guys on there, lol. It would be a good idea if it would let me though.
    Ask your sister or female friend to open an account or open a fake one. It will only take you a few mins or your time then you can just delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Lol I'm sorry I was under the impression we were trying to help you get dates via your dating-site profile, I didn't realise you were going for a job interview.
    Sorry, you may not of understood the purpose of that post. I was merely talking about photo quality. I'm not trying to be "stiff", I just want a good quality portrait. I hate it when people just put a bunch of distant outdoor photos of themselves on a profile. What's the point of photos on a profile if you can't make out what they look like, lol.

Any single ladies here want to open account and post some good parts of profiles for him?

Ask your sister or female friend to open an account or open a fake one. It will only take you a few mins or your time then you can just delete it.
    Good point, since they are free on POF. I'll have to open a separate browser and try that. Thanks

Sorry, you may not of understood the purpose of that post. I was merely talking about photo quality. I'm not trying to be "stiff", I just want a good quality portrait. I hate it when people just put a bunch of distant outdoor photos of themselves on a profile. What's the point of photos on a profile if you can't make out what they look like, lol.
    I looked at a few of the profile pictures on the featured ones and a lot of them are simple, hold your arm out and take a shot of yourself. Some were obviously taken like in a room of their place, or at the steering wheel of their car, some facing to the side. very simple. One guy wore a goofy winter hat with a silly expression on his face, which made me laugh. This is what attracts women....it's called peacocking.

Understood, but with all due respect it's not about what you like, what you liked failed to get you any responses, remember? At the end of the day it's entirely up to you whether or not you use the suggestions given or dismiss them as not for you. I don't think anybody said there was anything wrong with having a profile shot, just that you should rethink your use of the professional studio type shot. As far as I'm concerned professionalism has no place in dating - professional is what you aim for in the work place, real is what should aim for when you're looking for dates.

I looked at a few of the profile pictures on the featured ones and a lot of them are simple, hold your arm out and take a shot of yourself. Some were obviously taken like in a room of their place, or at the steering wheel of their car, some facing to the side. very simple. One guy wore a goofy winter hat with a silly expression on his face, which made me laugh. This is what attracts women....it's called peacocking.
    Ok, cool. Guess I'll try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Understood, but with all due respect it's not about what you like, what you liked failed to get you any responses, remember? At the end of the day it's entirely up to you whether or not you use the suggestions given or dismiss them as not for you. I don't think anybody said there was anything wrong with having a profile shot, just that you should rethink your use of the professional studio type shot. As far as I'm concerned professionalism has no place in dating - professional is what you aim for in the work place, real is what should aim for when you're looking for dates.
    I am definitely open to and appreciate any feedback I get. I also have been proactively making changes accordingly. It is just getting beyond frustrating to keep making suggested changes only to then have someone else say it is odd looking. I bet I have edited my profile 50+ times since its original creation and I am starting to think it has just all been wasted time.

BTW, just removed the gradient background from that photo and set it to white for now. Hope that looks ok for the mean time since no one liked the gray gradient...

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=50706517

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast