+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

I have to pick at your car photo....first thing that hits me was your hair, wow it is too nerdy, second, the car is so in yer face women see that as you compensating for ummmm something if you know what I mean. You look so tiny behind that door....not making you look impressive.

Have your picture of a close up shot of you leaning against the car at the driver's door casual with sunglasses (sunglasses are key here) up on your head, arms folded legs crossed at the ankles. Yes be proud of your car but don't make it all about the car. Trust me on this one. Oh and change the "Longest in a relationship" to 2 and 1/2 years. under a year makes them think there is something wrong there. It's ok to lie about it. I bet money that the majority of people lie on their profiles.
    Last edited by smackie9; 08-07-13 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I have to pick at your car photo....first thing that hits me was your hair, wow it is too nerdy, second, the car is so in yer face women see that as you compensating for ummmm something if you know what I mean. You look so tiny behind that door....not making you look impressive.

Have your picture of a close up shot of you leaning against the car at the driver's door casual with sunglasses (sunglasses are key here) up on your head, arms folded legs crossed at the ankles. Yes be proud of your car but don't make it all about the car. Trust me on this one. Oh and change the "Longest in a relationship" to 2 and 1/2 years. under a year makes them think there is something wrong there. It's ok to lie about it. I bet money that the majority of people lie on their profiles.
    Lol. You know what, I think I realized one issue here. Seems like a lot of people replying to this thread are not from the US. That may be one cause for some of the unexpected comments I have seen here. In regards to the car size comment, believe it or not, the Pontiac GTO is one of the least aggressive looking cars on the road. Even a lot of sedans, or saloon car for you British folk, are much larger and more aggressive looking than my car. And yes, pretty much all American cars are very large, so most people would look small beside them, lol.

I get what you are talking about though. However, the only reason I am even in that photo is because some dating sites require you to be in all photos you have posted. I really just wanted the car by its self actually as I really dislike being photographed in general. Yea, I didn't think about wearing sunglasses, but that actually might be a cool idea. Although, that may be seen as making one look cocky or trying to hide what they look like. Changing that relationship length may be a good idea as well, but I don't lie, so I'll probably leave it. Seems like a silly field anyways and I doubt anyone even gives it a second look. I almost forgot that was even there on POF and no other sites even have it.

Thanks

Hey, I'm into cars, so the GTO is great! But, when it comes to dating profiles, I hate when guys post pics of things that don't include them...their pets, kids, vacation sunsets, cars, etc. Totally cool with you being into it. In fact, I'd probably write you to ask about the car. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    BTW, just removed the gradient background from that photo and set it to white for now. Hope that looks ok for the mean time since no one liked the gray gradient...

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=50706517
    It's better!

I would caption it with something clever, though.

Again, don't just say you're funny. Be funny.

Lol. You know what, I think I realized one issue here. Seems like a lot of people replying to this thread are not from the US. That may be one cause for some of the unexpected comments I have seen here. In regards to the car size comment, believe it or not, the Pontiac GTO is one of the least aggressive looking cars on the road. Even a lot of sedans, or saloon car for you British folk, are much larger and more aggressive looking than my car. And yes, pretty much all American cars are very large, so most people would look small beside them, lol.

I get what you are talking about though. However, the only reason I am even in that photo is because some dating sites require you to be in all photos you have posted. I really just wanted the car by its self actually as I really dislike being photographed in general. Yea, I didn't think about wearing sunglasses, but that actually might be a cool idea. Although, that may be seen as making one look cocky or trying to hide what they look like. Changing that relationship length may be a good idea as well, but I don't lie, so I'll probably leave it. Seems like a silly field anyways and I doubt anyone even gives it a second look. I almost forgot that was even there on POF and no other sites even have it.

Thanks
    I'm a gear head so what you say is what I already have knowledge of. BTW I live in Canada we buy the same flippin cars as you yanks. My point is don't take the car completely out of the picture, but make yourself more of the focal point.

Anyways sun glasses up on your head not on yer face. They will absorb what's left of your dorky look. As for changing the relationship thing.....I'm tellin ya if you keep it the way it is, it's going to make the ladies say to themselves "longest he has had a relationship is less than a year...must be something wrong with him" and that's a strike 3 buddy. It's not silly, this gives them a reason not to date you.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    It's better!

I would caption it with something clever, though.

Again, don't just say you're funny. Be funny.
    That's like telling a lump of lard to turn into an apple pie.

for your profile pic you should say "Eat it up ladies! big and beefy!....no then they will think it's a bunk profile and someone is pulling their leg.

Thanks for the encouragement namemyname.

smackie9,

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    That's like telling a lump of lard to turn into an apple pie.
    Bad, Smackie, Bad!! Go sit it in the corner! No treats for you!

I think the OP is very genuine and sweet, actually, and is close to having a perfect profile.

OP - at least you didn't start out with shirtless mirror pics. Then we'd really have some work to do. lo

Ultimately, you need to be you in your profile. If others change you so much, then you could attract the wrong fish, you know?

Sorry, you may not of understood the purpose of that post. I was merely talking about photo quality. I'm not trying to be "stiff", I just want a good quality portrait. I hate it when people just put a bunch of distant outdoor photos of themselves on a profile. What's the point of photos on a profile if you can't make out what they look like, lol.
    Not all your photos need to be close up. The other photos are evidence that you get out and do stuff.

For example, if I was to put up a photo to show the outdoorsy part of me, I'd use the one of me wearing coveralls and a layer of mud and with helmet hair after going caving. Or, I'd use one of me drinking a beer in the pub at the ski fields with a goggle tan and beanie hair. The nice photo shows the attractive me and the caving/skiing photo shows that I actually DO get outdoors. And as any outdoorsy person knows, we don't look fabulous when we're outdoors having fun
    Last edited by catnip; 08-07-13 at 02:07 PM.

I am going to try one of those boar bristle brushes and see if I can get a little life into my hair.
    No, don't buy a brush. Just use your fingers and a bit of hair product. You don't have to go mental with the product, just give your hair a more tousled look.

Ask your hairdresser/barber to give your hair a makeover and show you how to achieve it at home.

I think the OP is very genuine and sweet, actually, and is close to having a perfect profile.

OP - at least you didn't start out with shirtless mirror pics. Then we'd really have some work to do. lo

Ultimately, you need to be you in your profile. If others change you so much, then you could attract the wrong fish, you know?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catnip View Post
    No, don't buy a brush. Just use your fingers and a bit of hair product. You don't have to go mental with the product, just give your hair a more tousled look.

Ask your hairdresser/barber to give your hair a makeover and show you how to achieve it at home.
    Yea, that brush didn't work out. For my newer pics, I used product, a comb, and my fingers. Since nobody is making fun of my hair in my new pics, I must have done it right this time, lol.
    Last edited by CleanCut; 08-07-13 at 02:20 PM.

So anything in yer in box yet?

I just started sending messages today with all my profile changes. I'll do quite a bit of messaging this week and if no go by the end of the week, I'll break down and try the eHarmony site next.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast