+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Clean cut it's obvious you don't like change or lack the ability to compromise...dead set in your ways. This doesn't sit well with women (just tellin ya).

We are not saying you are all wrong on a personal level and changing things are not going to remove anything about your personality. The online dating game is very competitive, you have to SELL yourself.

About the photos. it's not that you don't photograph well (excuse), it's the subject matter, posture and positioning that isn't working which is easily fixable. Why is that so hard to understand? lol.
    Agree. I feel a little context would help... I mean get some friends together that know you're trying to get some good pictures.. and just rattle off like.. 200 pictures on a digital camera... you're bound to find a couple good ones...

Why not? To my point of view it's even better when your boyfriend is older then you from 3 up to 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    However, it is at a point where I am getting conflicting responses and am just jumping back and forth between changes; not to mention some people actually suggesting lying on a profile, which may be an acceptable behavior to some, but is just something I don't do. I could spend months more on this and keep bouncing back and forth through changes on my profiles people suggest, but I don't think it is going to get me anywhere.
    Am I missing the part where the feedback you got was conflicting? Perhaps I did miss something but I would say the feedback you've got is pretty much unanimous... except for the lying thing, I agree that you shouldn't lie, start as you mean to go on and all that, I think Smackie was just saying a white lie regarding the matter of the longest relationship you ever had wasn't the end of the world, and while I agree it really isn't a big deal I totally respect you not wanting to go down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post
    for example, a picture of me riding a giant plastic dinosaur.
    I'd respond to a guy riding a giant plastic dinosaur before I'd respond to a guy who's photos are taken on a set. At face value (which is what online dating is) a dinosaur riding guy would be way more fun than a guy who only uses formal photos.

Quote Originally Posted by catnip View Post
    I'd respond to a guy riding a giant plastic dinosaur before I'd respond to a guy who's photos are taken on a set.
    Wow, women's logic is beyond me...

No offense to you catnip.

Thanks for the continued help guys. I'll try to keep in good spirits about this, but it is getting harder. I'll let you know of any developments and may rethink the photos yet again.

Thanks again

No offense to you catnip.

Thanks for the continued help guys. I'll try to keep in good spirits about this, but it is getting harder. I'll let you know of any developments and may rethink the photos yet again.

Thanks again
    HA! Take that Millies beliefs! Dinosaurs are so attractive...

and Cleancut, hey plastic dinosaurs are real. Not... not real like.. actually alive... I would have taken a picture on a live dinosaur but.. he was at the doctor

Its about showing your personality. I'm kind of strange, I don't take myself seriously at all, I love to have a good time, and I'm confident in my attractiveness... and I bet half the people want to see me riding a dinosaur right now just for the simple fact that I mentioned it.

At least I know that when a woman is interested in me (if I'm online dating) she's interested because she saw my weirdness, she read my profile, she liked my humor, she got the gist that all of that is who I am, and she found that attractive. I mean, I know I'm not bad looking as it is, but having a toast personality isn't winning any dates.

You've got to differentiate yourself by expressing your personality, if you like cars, get some pictures working on your car... if you like salsa, wear a sombrero made out of tortilla chips and post some photos. (I just really want to see a hat like that).

Express yourself.

Why surprised? Do you think girls may not want to see evidence that a guy can have fun?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post
    Its about showing your personality. I'm kind of strange, I don't take myself seriously at all, I love to have a good time, and I'm confident in my attractiveness... .
    Nailed it.

Not only is it about his sense of fun, but I love a guy who confident enough that he can laugh at himself - hence choosing a guy who's so confident that he can put up a stupid photo.

Confidence is the key word here....I hope you read some of this LR.

As much as I totally do want to see Flux riding his silly giant dinosaur I think we're in danger of trying to make Clean Cut into something he's not - he's clearly not the fake giant dinosaur type - in fact he doesn't even see why that's something women would respond positively to. As I said to someone yesterday, if a dogs born in a barn it's never going to become a horse - even if he took that advice and did something silly he'd most likely still look awkward and out of place, like a guy who doesn't 'get it' doing something silly simply because a bunch of people told him it was a good idea. Moreover, even if he did that and attracted more incoming attention they're going to realise within about 20 seconds that he's just not the riding a giant dinosaur type (sorry to talk about you in the third-person, Clean).

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    As much as I totally do want to see Flux riding his silly giant dinosaur I think we're in danger of trying to make Clean Cut into something he's not - he's clearly not the fake giant dinosaur type - in fact he doesn't even see why that's something women would respond positively to. As I said to someone yesterday, if a dogs born in a barn it's never going to become a horse - even if he took that advice and did something silly he'd most likely still look awkward and out of place, like a guy who doesn't 'get it' doing something silly simply because a bunch of people told him it was a good idea. Moreover, even if he did that and attracted more incoming attention they're going to realise within about 20 seconds that he's just not the riding a giant dinosaur type (sorry to talk about you in the third-person, Clean).
    You are correct. I am more of a traditional type of gentlemen so I try not to make myself out to be foolish. However, I can become somewhat playful spirited among the right company. I am one of the most down to earth and logical people you'll ever meet. That makes me really good at understanding/solving problems and technical issues, but not so good at understanding why things I find pointless are considered "fun" to some people.

BTW, I put up a similar yet more general pic for my main profile for now. Hope it is a little better anyways. I think I might change the car pic this weekend as well.
    Last edited by CleanCut; 09-07-13 at 06:01 PM.

The other studio shot was better than this one, hon.

Just be yourself, and if you do buy into that zodiac "crap" (which I totally do) then someone will notice, and be interested in that! Meeting someone you get along with is about meeting someone with similar interests, and things in common with you. If you post true and real things about you, then you're more likely to get someone who actually has something in common with you!

Lol I'm staying well away from the pics topic but one thing is still bugging me about your profile - that line that begins "I also like a woman that..." well, you changed the wording as per the advice given and that's great but it really should read "I also like a woman who..." - call me picky if you like (I am) but you're referring to a person not an object so the pronoun should be who, not that.

Profile picture still not good....in fact you should get rid of it entirely. I got an idea. Take that one of you standing outside and crop it. Just have the picture of you from the knees up or adjust it up more. See how that looks.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast