+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

Ladies, I need your feedback...

Ok, so first off I haven't done anything like this online before and I feel I am really sticking my neck out there. So, please be respectful.

I would like to get some feedback from you ladies out there about my profile that I created for use on online dating sites. I have created a few accounts out there on various sites and although I get quite a few profile views, I never actually get any responses when I message women. I don't think it has anything to do with the messages I send them, or my photos for that matter, because 90% of the time that I message them, with the photos included, they do actually look at my profile.

I have been trying dating sites for more than 6 months now, messaged probably 250+ women with no responses at all, so I can only conclude that I must be doing something wrong with my profile description. So far, this online dating has been much more difficult than real world dating for me when it is supposed to be easier. In fact, in the real world women come on to me more than I do them, but I am after a particular type of women at this point so that is why I am turning to online matching.

Ladies, try to be gentle yet truthful if you can and I really appreciate any feedback I receive...

(Copy and paste link to address bar. Couldn't make it a link for some reason.)
    http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=50706517

Also, if you could let me know my level of attractiveness (on a scale of 1-5) based on my photos it would be helpful as well.

Thanks

I don't think you should mention your zodiac sign. It's almost as if you buy in that crap.

You look a bit younger than your age. Perhaps grow a bit of stubble, and don't pull your hair back with all that gel? Get a more "manly" look.

It should say "quiet natured gal", not "quite natured gal". Also this

I prefer low key women that aren't covered in tattoos, unusual piercings, or obese, and doesn't smoke, drink alcohol too often, or do drugs.
    Should be

I prefer low key women that aren't covered in tattoos or unusual piercings, aren't obese and don't smoke, drink alcohol too often, or do drugs.
    Now at least it's grammatically correct, but still, don't you think it's a bit too much? I mean, do you really have to point out that you don't like obese women?!

What's wrong with being a vegetarian/vegan!?! You set way too many limits, no wonder women aren't interested in contacting you... you are way too demanding and you sound controlling.

Also, the fact that you are looking for women aged 20 to 28, when you are 28 yourself, seems a tiny bit creepy to me. I mean, 20 is really young... a reasonable range would be 24-29, IMO. But maybe it's just me.

Wow, thanks for the incite searock!

Yea, the zodiac sign is automatic on that site based on birth year and can't be changed. I have played around with my hair style and believe it or not, that look is more responsive to woman that just combing it normally. It is not actually shiny gel or anything like that and looks very natural in person. There is a photo on there of me without that hair style and some stubble as well if you care to see. Thanks for catching my spelling and grammar errors as well. Maybe the obese comment was too far. I'll edit that out.

As for the vegetarian/vegan comment, this is actually very important to me and I will tell you why. I have a friend that used to be a really fit and muscular guy. He ate meat and other normal things people do. He married a woman from Brazil a couple years ago that converted him to Vegan, despite his best efforts not to fall into it. He is now one of the scrawniest/boniest people I know and looks very unhealthy. That is just something I don't want to deal with.

As for the age preference, I think it is actually very appropriate. I do look younger than I am. I still occasionally even get carded when trying to buy something as simple as spray paint or super glue. Kind of annoying sometimes, lol. It is commonly accepted to date people 10 years offset of ones own age. Not to mention, the majority of women I see look at my profile are 19-23, lol.

Thanks again for this feedback. Looking forward too more as well
    Last edited by CleanCut; 21-06-13 at 04:40 PM.

So you don't want to date a vegan or vegetarian girl because you're afraid she's going to magically turn you into one as well o.O? I don't follow that train of thought I'm afraid... if you don't want to become a vegan/vegetarian, just don't.

I know it's commonly accepted to date people 10 years offset of your own age, but then why didn't you include older women than yourself? I dunno, it just seems a bit creepy to me. Nothing extremely creepy, eh. As I said, it's probably just me.

I have seen the picture with stubble, and I think you look better with it.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    So you don't want to date a vegan or vegetarian girl because you're afraid she's going to magically turn you into one as well o.O? I don't follow that train of thought I'm afraid... if you don't want to become a vegan/vegetarian, just don't.

I know it's commonly accepted to date people 10 years offset of your own age, but then why didn't you include older women than yourself? I dunno, it just seems a bit creepy to me. Nothing extremely creepy, eh. As I said, it's probably just me.

I have seen the picture with stubble, and I think you look better with it.
    That is not the only reason I don't date vegan or vegetarian women. I just think it is ridiculous in general. If they are vegan or something, you can't even say something like, "hey, lets go out to X restaurant and grab a bite. O'yea, can't do that because you are an unrealistically picky as hell eater." I don't tolerate that kind of thing.

Also, much like every other guy I know, we like to date younger women. Most guys I know that are married have much younger wives. Like that vegan friend of mine. His girl is 8 years younger. He was 27 and she was 19 when they got married. It is a fact that most guys just like younger women. I try not to date anyone older than myself if I can help it.

Thanks for the pic comment. Lately I have worn more stubble and styled the hair and it seems to be liked by most.

Thanks again

Sorry, there's no way I'd reply to your ad. It would fail on a number of points.

I could live with the fact that you don't drink, but I wouldn't reply because I enjoy going to the pub for dinner with friends - and you wouldn't be into that.

Not sure how many girls would be interested in your descriptions of cars. I wouldn't bother replying because I'd figure that you'd be more interested in being under your car than under me.

I won't help a guy learn to break free from his work habits - I'll take on a guy who's already got a good work/life balance

Even though I am an omnivore, have no tattoos or piercings and am not overweight, I'd reject you because you sound judgemental about those who don't meet your criteria.

Your restaurant choices are dull. Chillis and Black Eyed Pea sound suspiciously like chain restaurants. And while Chinese is great on occasion, it's hardly what I'd rate as interesting - unless it's authentic Chinatown Chinese or a dim sum (Yum Cha) lunch. You'd be more likely to catch me if you mentioned something about not being able to resist a Lamb Korma or that a quick Thai feed on laminated tables on the way to a movie is cool. A great pub feed is hard to pass up. That family Italian restaurant which is a favourite or even Fish and Chips on the beach. Oh, and not to forget a Lebanese mezze.

As for the photo, I'd rate it a 2. You're certainly not ugly, but you do need one heck of a makeover. The two different types of hairstyle look like your mom combed them in preparation for a church picnic photo. The rugged look is anything but - you're not dirty and your hair isn't mussed - and I think the photo is on a set. And the tucked in tshirt also looks like your mom got involved. A loose T is better, but if you really must tuck in, at least wear a belt.

Here's a link to some fashionable hair styles http://www.mens-hairstyle.com/25-trendy-mens-hairstyles.html And don't be afraid to use some product to get attitude into your hair.

I hope you don't take offense at my bluntness. But if you want success, you'll need to loosen up in both looks and attitude.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    Also, much like every other guy I know, we like to date younger women. Most guys I know that are married have much younger wives. Like that vegan friend of mine. His girl is 8 years younger. He was 27 and she was 19 when they got married. It is a fact that most guys just like younger women. I try not to date anyone older than myself if I can help it.
    It doesn't matter that all of your friends prefer dating younger women - it doesn't mean that most men do. Also, there's a difference between a couple of years younger and almost 10 years younger - especially since at 20 years old a woman is likely still very immature. Before you think I'm an old sag that is butthurt because "all men like younger women", let me point out that I'm 23 years old. I wouldn't want to date a 28 years old guy... 25 is the maximum for me, and even then I'd rather date a guy as close to my age as possible (23-24). What's wrong with 24-29 years old? You would only be excluding the more immature girls. Anyway, whatever floats your boat: it's not like you're 50 or something. I'm just saying that, even if you were in my age range, I would personally not contact you because of this reason - even if all other things were OK. I'm just not interested in a guy that is attracted to girls disproportionately younger (physically and mentally) than himself.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Not sure how many girls would be interested in your descriptions of cars. I wouldn't bother replying because I'd figure that you'd be more interested in being under your car than under me.

I won't help a guy learn to break free from his work habits - I'll take on a guy who's already got a good work/life balance.

Even though I am an omnivore, have no tattoos or piercings and am not overweight, I'd reject you because you sound judgemental about those who don't meet your criteria.
    ^^^This!
    Last edited by searock; 21-06-13 at 05:46 PM.

There's something about your photos...my first thoughts were: "Potential serial killer".

I'm not saying you're ugly, just a little bit creepy. Also, not even my dad wears jeans like that anymore...maybe update the wardrobe a little bit.

Also, maybe put some photos up where you're in some sort of social setting, rather than alone in the woods....

Quote Originally Posted by tablesandchairs View Post
    there's something about your photos...my first thoughts were: "potential serial killer".

I'm not saying you're ugly, just a little bit creepy. Also, not even my dad wears jeans like that anymore...maybe update the wardrobe a little bit.

Also, maybe put some photos up where you're in some sort of social setting, rather than alone in the woods....
    lol!

im 23. would I date a 28 year old guy? NO

Quote Originally Posted by cheers View Post
    just cos u wouldn't doesn't mean other women wouldn't

I didnt say anything about other women. I was just talking about me

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    As for the vegetarian/vegan comment, this is actually very important to me and I will tell you why. I have a friend that used to be a really fit and muscular guy. He ate meat and other normal things people do. He married a woman from Brazil a couple years ago that converted him to Vegan, despite his best efforts not to fall into it. He is now one of the scrawniest/boniest people I know and looks very unhealthy. That is just something I don't want to deal with.

As for the age preference, I think it is actually very appropriate. I do look younger than I am. I still occasionally even get carded when trying to buy something as simple as spray paint or super glue. Kind of annoying sometimes, lol. It is commonly accepted to date people 10 years offset of ones own age. Not to mention, the majority of women I see look at my profile are 19-23, lol.
    CleanCut, I find it interesting that you're explaining why you wrote what you did on the ad. Thing is, you can write anything you like for whatever reason and that will be fine with all of us - because it doesn't effect us.

What does matter is the first impression you give out to women who read your ad. If you want results, then both the ad and your outlook need to be changed - not explained. Or you can stay as you are with your current success rate. It's your choice
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by cheers View Post
    only thing ur good at

haha I was answering a question ya div

You can date whatever age group you like but you need to ask - would a 19 year old girl go for you?

No. Unless she has fantasies about being raped and killed out in the woods by some guy who looked young but dressed like her dad.

only ones with daddy issues but then again they go for the middle aged..

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast