+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    Ok, I'll give it some time then. BTW, what do you mean by "with your attitude"? I'm sure you be disappointed in my situation as well.
    I suppose its the language you use. Absurd, tedious, 'only 1 actually acceptable'. You sound potentially judgemental. Lots of people deal with disappointment and remain positive in outlook.

That said, I don't know you from Adam. But our use of language gives good clues about our thoughts, I find.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

That post had nothing to do with attitude rather than a nice way of saying that this whole thing is really getting on my nerves. Been working with this stuff daily for more than 7 months now with zero success, despite giving my all. Would that not frustrate you?

maybe post a shirtless pic or summat

shirtless guyz wiv arrogant attitude/look get lotz of responses
    Last edited by TeEnAgEdIrTbAg; 22-07-13 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeEnAgEdIrTbAg View Post
    maybe post a shirtless pic or summat

shirtless guyz wiv arrogant attitude/look get lotz of responses
    LOL, I hope that was a joke.

Ugh

So, I messaged 30+ women over the course of the last week, all of which had similar interests and such, with yet again not a single blasted response. Once again, most everyone I messaged did view my profile afterwards, but nothing after that. Very discouraging considering the effort I am putting into this fiasco.

I decided to go through the absurdly long and tedious process of creating an eHarmony profile this weekend. After all that, it only showed 5 people as a potential match; only 1 of which was actually acceptable. I noticed today I have a few more showing up now. It appears that eHarmony only slowly drip feeds you matches over time for some reason instead of allowing searching. There is no real searching capability on the site, which I find pretty darn ridiculous myself.

I guess I will use my paid time with eHarmony to see if anything comes of it, but I really doubt anything will considering the extremely limited way they have it setup. If no go with it, then I am throwing in the towel on this online dating stuff. I may just have to go back to dating the good looking yet quite shallow people around here that I tend to attract in person. Such a pitty though since online dating seems like such a sensible and logical approach yet ends up just being a disappointment on many levels and a serious waste of time/energy/money.
    That is too bad, and you really made the effort to change things up and seemed very pleased with how things were going before. I think in the summer is a hard time to do something like that, maybe give it a break and try back in the Fall? Maybe during that break you will meet someone IRL in your city instead. Funny how life works, you never know. I'm sorry it has got you down. I liked your new photos. Don't get to feeling too defeated, Clean Cut. Someone is out there who will be just right for you.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

I hope you are right, but I'm not so sure. Thanks for the encouragement though sadbunnyface.

You should try match.com, Clean.

POF is really more for hookups. Few on there are genuinely looking for a relationship. That's why most of the pics are guys with their shirts off, and chicks tonguing their friends boobs in a bar.

E-harmony stinks because you cant control it.

Match, I always felt, had some people who were in it for booty, but the majority are more serious about dating and relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    You should try match.com, Clean.

POF is really more for hookups. Few on there are genuinely looking for a relationship. That's why most of the pics are guys with their shirts off, and chicks tonguing their friends boobs in a bar.

E-harmony stinks because you cant control it.

Match, I always felt, had some people who were in it for booty, but the majority are more serious about dating and relationships.

Thanks, but I have been actually using POF, OKCupid, and a paid Match.com account this whole time.

Oooo...

Then it's time for meeting women in activities.

Do you have meetup where you are?

Oooo...

I think this is probably a good idea.... or just generally doing social activities....

But I think he's on the right track with the online dating thing. Its all about the profile and the first few messages.

Lets take a few steps further CleanCut... what kind of messages do you send these women? Can you post a few .. "first contact" messages and let us know what you're working with?

Oooo...

Maybe so. What kind of meet up are you referring to in my area?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post
    I think this is probably a good idea.... or just generally doing social activities....

But I think he's on the right track with the online dating thing. Its all about the profile and the first few messages.

Lets take a few steps further CleanCut... what kind of messages do you send these women? Can you post a few .. "first contact" messages and let us know what you're working with?
    I don't think my messaging is the issue as 90% of the time I do get them to view my profile. I try to customize my message according to what they seem most interested in or something unique we have in common.

I think there is just so many people that use online dating these days that you practically have to look like a super model to get any responses or something. Not sure what the deal is.

I don't think my messaging is the issue as 90% of the time I do get them to view my profile. I try to customize my message according to what they seem most interested in or something unique we have in common.

I think there is just so many people that use online dating these days that you practically have to look like a super model to get any responses or something. Not sure what the deal is.
    I don't look like a supermodel.... Millie knows what I look like, and I seemed to do alright both in and out of the online dating scene. Its a lot to do with specifics in their profile, but you have to be willing to take a chance and gauge how much fun you can have in the process.

A lot of times generic messages like.. "Your profile says you like photography, I really like photography too." on an online dating site, is pretty similar to saying... "Me think pretty, me talk you now." Small, simple connections like this won't differentiate you from the other guys.

In order to really stand out in the online space you have two ways to do it.. Attractiveness... and Personality. I think, with a little more tweaking, you're close to nailing both of those down in a manner that will get you dates.

Yea, I don't do generic sounding messages like that. Since I have no issues attracting women in person, I am pretty good at that part.

As for my profile, what more tweaking could I possibly do? I think I am all "tweaked out", lol.

i am serious cleancut add some shirtless pics n i bet ur views will increase(dependin on ur body) n more gals wud respond.i wud deffo click on a hot shirtless fit guyz profile

meetup.com

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast