+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, I need your feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by CleanCut View Post
    Changing that relationship length may be a good idea as well, but I don't lie, so I'll probably leave it. Seems like a silly field anyways and I doubt anyone even gives it a second look.
    That was actually the second thing I noticed, after the weird photo. I immediately thought, "wow, what's wrong with him?". I'm not encouraging you to lie though, it is what it is.

And I still don't like your hair. I thought it hadn't changed from the previous pictures, that's why I didn't say anything. It looks unnatural. Just let it free, don't use all that pulling-back gel or whatever it is you use.

You look very unspontaneous in your photos, this puts me off from wanting to contact you.

To be honest, another cringe-worthy phrase I noticed is the last one: don't say that you are confident and strong, because that's not the impression you get from looking at your photos and reading your profile info, and it totally looks like you're pretending to be something you're not. Again, unspontaneous.

Just no... No. I agree with the creepy serial killer comment made earlier... I would be terrified if you messaged me.

In fact, I have blocked others that fit your look quite to a T.

Sorry. :/
    “I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

Wish for a pile of shit to turn into gold hard enough and guess what? It's still a heaping pile of shit.

Lose your opening line "greetings ladies". Such a turn off. I wouldn't read on if I was viewing your profile.
    Avoid having profiles pictures that are forced poses - just choose a natural pose where you look warm and friendly.
    MOVINGforward...

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    That was actually the second thing I noticed, after the weird photo. I immediately thought, "wow, what's wrong with him?". I'm not encouraging you to lie though, it is what it is.

And I still don't like your hair. I thought it hadn't changed from the previous pictures, that's why I didn't say anything. It looks unnatural. Just let it free, don't use all that pulling-back gel or whatever it is you use.

You look very unspontaneous in your photos, this puts me off from wanting to contact you.

To be honest, another cringe-worthy phrase I noticed is the last one: don't say that you are confident and strong, because that's not the impression you get from looking at your photos and reading your profile info, and it totally looks like you're pretending to be something you're not. Again, unspontaneous.

Nothing wrong with not having a relationship more than a year. I just don't do much dating and have yet to find a woman worthy of putting that much time into.

I already had a natural hair shot before on the photos I removed and you didn't like that either. Can't please everyone I guess and spending that much attention to such a small detail seems kind of superficial anyways.

Also, you can't tell a person's personality or "spontaneous" level from a picture, so not sure what you mean by that. I am quite "confident and strong", despite what the photos look like. I have played with different closing lines. Not sure what to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by MOVINGforward View Post
    Lose your opening line "greetings ladies". Such a turn off. I wouldn't read on if I was viewing your profile.
    Avoid having profiles pictures that are forced poses - just choose a natural pose where you look warm and friendly.

Why? It sounds like a very acceptable greeting. Would you rather see soothing like "What's up bitches!"?

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheMoon View Post
    Just no... No. I agree with the creepy serial killer comment made earlier... I would be terrified if you messaged me.

In fact, I have blocked others that fit your look quite to a T.

Sorry. :/

Once again, why? Giving some reason behind your opinion is helpful.

Nothing wrong with not having a relationship more than a year. I just don't do much dating and have yet to find a woman worthy of putting that much time into.
    I know, there's nothing inherently wrong, yet I would find it a bit strange and I would be put off. Sorry, I'm just being honest. Also, if I were single, I would want to date a guy that has a bit of experience on his shoulders.

I already had a natural hair shot before on the photos I removed and you didn't like that either. Can't please everyone I guess and spending that much attention to such a small detail seems kind of superficial anyways.
    Yeah, but the thing is, when it comes to online dating, the thing that most people pay most attention to are the photos. That's why we are nit-picking on them.

Also, you can't tell a person's personality or "spontaneous" level from a picture, so not sure what you mean by that.
    The photos are unspontaneous, meaning they look like you are staging the setting and pose and it's just unnatural. You should do what most other guys do and just take a random picture of you when you're having fun, have a spontaneous smile on your face and don't look like you've prepared so much for one simple picture.

Lol honestly I think I might have to start throwing things

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post

The photos are unspontaneous, meaning they look like you are staging the setting and pose and it's just unnatural. You should do what most other guys do and just take a random picture of you when you're having fun, have a spontaneous smile on your face and don't look like you've prepared so much for one simple picture.

I was passing through due to curiosity and took a look as I've also had to create my profile (now no longer active), and noticed a lot of little issues here and there but Searock nailed it... these staged photos show little personality. Take your original headshot and throw a fake mustache on it, and you've got something there.

When I was adding pictures, not all of them were flattering in lieu of having some with more character - for example, a picture of me riding a giant plastic dinosaur. Don't try and hide the way you look, once you meet them its all out the window anyway. Pick some flattering REAL pictures of you, not photoshopped ones or professional shots. I mean, you CAN add those too, but make sure you have plenty of other ones.

This right there makes you sound egotistcal and unrealistic. A guy at your age that hasn't had a LTR for more than 10 months, makes women instinctivly see that as a red flag. There may not be anything wrong with that in YOUR opinon BUT this is how women preceive it whether you do approve of it or not. This is one of the reasons why you don't get any responses. Women are very particular to the small details because it is the way women think. It may be superficial in YOUR opinion, but you can't argue with a woman natural instinctive behavior. So is what I said too over your head?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    This right there makes you sound egotistcal and unrealistic. A guy at your age that hasn't had a LTR for more than 10 months, makes women instinctivly see that as a red flag. There may not be anything wrong with that in YOUR opinon BUT this is how women preceive it whether you do approve of it or not. This is one of the reasons why you don't get any responses. Women are very particular to the small details because it is the way women think. It may be superficial in YOUR opinion, but you can't argue with a woman natural instinctive behavior. So is what I said too over your head?

No, now you're setting him up to lie that he just got out of a 2 year relationship....

Lol she already told him it's okay to lie on that issue... honestly Clean I don't understand you, you have 6 pages of feedback you requested and you're still debating each point... like I said before, if your opinion was the way forward you would have got results and would never have felt the need to come here and ask for advice... and for the record yes it does flag up as strange if a guy your age has never had a relationship last beyond a year (as much as you may be able to explain why this isn't a big deal once you have a line of communication going that's not going to matter if nobody is contacting you in the first instance) and yes actually you can tell things about personality based on photographs - case in point, Flux riding a giant plastic dinosaur clearly shows he's a total doofus

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Lol she already told him it's okay to lie on that issue... honestly Clean I don't understand you, you have 6 pages of feedback you requested and you're still debating each point... like I said before, if your opinion was the way forward you would have got results and would never have felt the need to come here and ask for advice... and for the record yes it does flag up as strange if a guy your age has never had a relationship last beyond a year (as much as you may be able to explain why this isn't a big deal once you have a line of communication going that's not going to matter if nobody is contacting you in the first instance) and yes actually you can tell things about personality based on photographs - case in point, Flux riding a giant plastic dinosaur clearly shows he's a total doofus

Say what you will about me, but I don't know how well the dinosaur will handle it. Otherwise, I can work with doofus

Argh. You know what guys and gals, I am who I am. I am a very pleasant guy to be around and have a lot of qualities women enjoy. I am not sure why I can not convey this correctly on a profile. I am not contesting any rational suggestions made in this forum thread and I really appreciate the feedback I have received; as well as have been applying suggestions as they come. However, it is at a point where I am getting conflicting responses and am just jumping back and forth between changes; not to mention some people actually suggesting lying on a profile, which may be an acceptable behavior to some, but is just something I don't do. I could spend months more on this and keep bouncing back and forth through changes on my profiles people suggest, but I don't think it is going to get me anywhere.

Apparently, being a decent looking, kind, and honest good hearted guy just isn't enough in online dating world. As for the photos, as I said before, I am just not photogenic. The way I look and act in real life/mirror is nothing like the way photographs perceive me as. It is like taking a picture of a cat and ending up with a photo of a dog. I have put forth my full efforts on this, but its just not working and is becoming more of a hassle than it is worth. I am going to try my current profile setup on my sites for the rest of the week and if no responses, I'll try that eHarmony site I guess. If no go there, I guess the online dating world is just not for me.

Once again, I really appreciate everyone's time and feedback I have been given.

Thanks again
    Last edited by CleanCut; 09-07-13 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    yes actually you can tell things about personality based on photographs - case in point, flux riding a giant plastic dinosaur clearly shows he's a total doofus
    rofl! >.<......

However, it is at a point where I am getting conflicting responses
    Actually, what all of us have been telling you is to take more natural photos.

not to mention some people actually suggesting lying on a profile, which may be an acceptable behavior to some, but is just something I don't do.
    I agree with you on this one: apart from it being morally something I wouldn't want to do, I also think it is pointless since the truth would come up anyway.

I could spend months more on this and keep bouncing back and forth through changes on my profiles people suggest, but I don't think it is going to get me anywhere.
    You have never yet tried putting a photo of you in a social setting, when you are just chilling out with friends and goofing around having fun. This is what we all agree you should do.

Apparently, being a decent looking, kind, and honest good hearted guy just isn't enough in online dating world.
    You're right: all those things amount to nothing if you aren't able to convey them through your profile.

Anyway, good luck, keep us updated if you like :-).

Clean cut it's obvious you don't like change or lack the ability to compromise...dead set in your ways. This doesn't sit well with women (just tellin ya).

We are not saying you are all wrong on a personal level and changing things are not going to remove anything about your personality. The online dating game is very competitive, you have to SELL yourself.

About the photos. it's not that you don't photograph well (excuse), it's the subject matter, posture and positioning that isn't working which is easily fixable. Why is that so hard to understand? lol.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast