+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do good looking people know they are good looking?

Do good looking people know they are good looking?

I was just wondering. I think there are two types of good looking people:Those that know it and those that don't. The ones that know they are good looking usually are the cocky , arrogant types of people. They are probably manipulative and do things to hurt others. Using their looks as a tool to get what they want.

The ones that don't probably think they are not "all that" but just average looking and usually lack self confidence. When people tell them they are pretty/handsome, they probably think other people are just "being nice" or they don't see it themselves.
    Last edited by devilish; 22-06-13 at 07:19 AM.

What do y'all think?

Not everyone fits into one of those two groups. People can be like that, yes, but not everyone. I think I'm pretty, but I'm not a manipulative bitch. There's a lot of people who are between 'insecure' and 'asshole'.

I disagree. I feel attractive and confident but modest. Im never cocky or arragont and i treat people with respect. I would never use my looks to manipulate anyone. I believe in integrity, fairness and equality above all else.

My bf is also really attractive and he knows it but hes a really decent, genuine guy with a heart of gold.

I think the people your referring to are borderline narcissistic which is rare

But do you think ridiculously goodlooking peopel know they are attractive

How do you classify people as handsome or not? What standards do you use?

For example, I might consider Johnny Depp attractive while you might think he's repulsive. Everyone has a different taste and therefore, there can be no answer to your question.

If, however, we could boldly assume a certain standard by which everyone could be judged in the very simple fashion of "good-looking" and "bad-looking", we would have to ask every single "good-looking" person whether they knew they were good-looking. Which is an impossible task, as I'm sure you realise

Therefore: Do not generalise nothing good can come of it.

I mean people that are conventionally goodloooking

Are conventionally good-looking or beautiful people at an advantage in the real world?

What your asking makes no sense coz everyone has a different definition of beauty. Example some guys think brunnettes are better than blonds or vice versa. Some prefer heavier rather than slim, some prefer petite while others prefer tall.

Anyway i think you mean regardless of types etc-a person who would never be called unattractive. Ya they do have more advantages-relationships, work, popularity etc but that doesnt mean an unattractive person cant succeed. And it doesnt mean they are cocky.

I think it depends more on how your brought up, the people you associate with etc than how you look. Those things have far more influence over our personality IMO

how come majority of hollywood actors are extremely good looking? because nobody wants to see unattractive people.

So whats your point?

The qs is too general to answer. Theres billions of good looking people in the world. You cant divide them all into two categories.

Your saying good looking people are either narcissistic or insecure which makes no sense. You can be confident without being cocky

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    how come majority of hollywood actors are extremely good looking? because nobody wants to see unattractive people.
    Some if my favorite actors are, in my opinion, not attractive. One example would be Christopher Walken.

He was a attractive man when he was young

Some of them are the most arrogant and conceited beings on earth. My friend is a really good looking guy, and it makes me sick to see women licking his boots whereever he goes and his ego just inflating every time.

There were a couple of time that the woman that he liked (at that moment) gave him the 'brush off' and he acted like a spoiled brat. One time a girl actually liked me instead of him ( the one and only time) and we almost had a fight right there because he was acting so obnoxious.

Do people who do good deeds know they do good deeds? Why focus on looks, when most of us have absolutely no control over our genetics?

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    They aren't... I've seen lots of guys and girls in real life that are much better looking than most hollywood actors/actresses.

I agree with the other posters, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not all people who think they are good-looking are also cocky about it.

I do know people who I think are unattractive that are cocky - they think they are good-looking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast