+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to understand

Trying to understand

I need a woman's perspective.

Had this intense 8-week relationship with a woman. She told me that that I was an amazing person and never wanted to let me go. Then without notice dumped me by text. Just said it was not right. We had great communication before and seemed very in to me.

8 weeks passed and she I got a text out the blue saying she was having a clear out did I want to pick up some clothes. At first she was quite distant but after 3 hours I found her in my arms. She told me that 'I think a part of me still loves you'. That night when I got home she texted me and said lets take things slowly no promises, glad you came back in to my life, so glad you did't give up on me. I think I realise that I still love you. This continued for another day or so. She invited me to a family BBQ. I went last Sunday and spent 5 hours with her family. All well, then we got back to her house and she told me that there was no spark, not in love with me. That was it no discussion could you leave but I still want you in my life. I have cut contact know.

I don't know what to think or what she really feels although she seemed very clear when she told me.

You need to just accept its not gonna happen. She doesnt know what she wants so forget about her

So I don't just give her space??? (I'm have not responded to her last text message). She is not a young woman in her mid forties (as am I). I did that for 3 weeks and she said that she missed me and wanted to contact me. It was when I went round to hand the keys she changed and said how much she had missed me. I agree, I don't think that she knows what she wants. Not that long out of a divorce.

mlh is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    She is clearly confused and all over! Run! You don't need that!

She told you she's not attracted to you.

WHY would you cling to this?

Go find someone whose world you rock.

Make her bake you cookies.

clearly confused like all women

Quote Originally Posted by runnerman1 View Post
    So I don't just give her space??? (I'm have not responded to her last text message). She is not a young woman in her mid forties (as am I). I did that for 3 weeks and she said that she missed me and wanted to contact me. It was when I went round to hand the keys she changed and said how much she had missed me. I agree, I don't think that she knows what she wants. Not that long out of a divorce.
    shes lonely and your prob a distraction. she will likely hurt you again and i doubt its worth it. she needs time to get over the divorce (prob very emotionally draining) and figure out where to go from here. move on. that could take a year or tso before shes ready