+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Looking for some advice!

Looking for some advice!

Ill start with the situation:
    So Im currently in 9th grade, very mature for my age both physically and mentally. I am relatively fit (school basketball team, second best shot putter on team as freshman, swim, etc), funny, and very smart. This year, I got to know one of my classmates, and we soon grew closer. At first, we were just friends, although I did have something for her, she had a bf and I didn't chase after her. However, about two or more months ago, she dumped her bf, and immediately, I fell for her even more (ik ppl will talk about young love and shit, but pls just read on). So we went to places together, hanged out, went to parties together and all, with our friends. During this time, she has showed some interest in me, but I'm not sure if I am interpreting her actions incorrectly or what. She often tickles me, and i tickle her back, and playful things like that. however, im usually the one who says i want a hug, or for her to lean on me or sit w me, which she does not hesitate and does. So like I said before, we grew even closer. I had asked her out before, to go for a walk in a nearby park, but a bunch of friends tagged along, so I wouldn't consider that a date. So yesterday, while at a friends house, I told her I wanted to see her before I leave for the summer, and asked if she wants to catch a movie today. She immediately agreed, so I gave her two theaters and the available times. She then says she has to ask for permission. So this morning, I texted her, tellin her we should go to the later one, since she had told me to decide on a time. She then texts back, asking me when I'm leaving for camp. Her reason was that "bc idk if can do anything early today" and she immediately wanted to reschedule, after I come back from camp, three weeks later. However, I am leaving for another country the day after I return from camp, and not returning till a week before school. So I said, "So I guess we can do somethin then, the week before school. Throughout the conversation, she continuously apologized w a bunch of sad faces, and you can tell she is making an effort to reschedule. So now I am kind of upset, but not angry.

I guess my question from all that is:
    Am I being rejected?
    Does she actually like me?
    Should I be worried that she may find someone else? As she is going to my school band camp, and has the summer to hang out with some friends I have seen her spend alone time with at parties, and I won't have wifi out of country to talk with her.
    In the worst case, which I really hope doesnt happens, if she gets asked out by someone else or looses her interest in me over the summer, should I just move on?
    What should I do now, since I'm leavin for camp tomorrow?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing your responses and advice.

Chris

Chris, I think the current timing is working against you. If you want a relationship to have it's best chance, you've got to be around for each other. To be honest, even if you did get something happening, the odds of such a fledgling relationship surviving a summer of separation are very low.

My best advice is to hope she stays single and try for her after you return from O/S.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yes, she likes you, no I wouldn't fret her getting a new BF, and when you get back before school, you can resume things.

Will you be able to stay in touch with her over the summer?

Your being to tough on yourself stop stressing it... it's seems like she does have feeling for you just keep in touch with her during the summer and when school starts again just go back to the way things were take her out on a romantic date and if she is in a relationship with another dude then move on but i honestly doubt she will. Get to know each other better and see what the future may lead good lucky dude

hmm.. I think she likes you as a good friend. I just think that us girls would do anything to watch a movie with a guy we really like., I mean, I just feel that being too comfortable like that means that she is not into you man.
    I AM A LOVE ON THE LOST

Hey chr1sm, don't be upset, she likes you a lot. Make it clear to her that you like her back, and most likely you can pick right up where you left off in the week before school restarts.