+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't guys want to leave their parents homes?

hun dont mention it until you are financially ready. let it go for
    now. your flogging a dead horse.. it be the same thing as me saying to my bf "promise me youll never leave" it would be stupid to force him to promise me that as nobody knows what the future holds.

if you were together 3 years and having this issue-i would tell you to dump him but right now he is doing the right thing by not comitting to something that may not happen for 5years-if ever.

btw you shouldnt expect him to save specifically for you. he should be saving for his future, whether you are gonna be apart of that or not. if hes really bad with money-then walk now coz you will never have a future with someone who cant even save a pound a week..

lalalita Guest
    20 is very young. if he has it good at home (comfortable, things done and paid for) I see nothing wrong with him not wanting to spread his wings yet. if he is close with his family, that can also add to it. you can't force him into this sort of thing. if he wants to get his own place, he will.

or is this more about you wanting him to move in with you?

What the hell does pre-engagement mean?

Maybe he likes having his mom do his laundry or cooking and pamper him, and maybe he saves heaps of money by living at home and ask some deal with his parents where he does inside outside work to live still at home, does he pay rent living at home ? Is he going to school and doesn't have a full time job? I had an ex live at home until around 25 yrs old, when he finished his uni degree, once he finished it and got a full time job he moved out. it never bothered me, he saved a lot of money for his future with the help of us parents.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Blimey the lad is only 20. I moved out at 23 and I gott admit I never looked back. It is a big scary step to take and he is probably very comfortable at home at the moment. Think about it, why would you want to leave a place where almost everything is done for u?

There will come a time where he will want to go, where the parents will want him out. Moving out is very expensive. You can save all you want but it's never enough.

This thread is poorly titled, it should be "Why doesn't my boyfriend want to leave his parents?". Just because your boyfriend is afraid of the real world doesn't mean all guys are, it seems that the generation Y are staying at home a lot longer though. I turned 18 in 2002 and was out of the house within a month, whereas my buddy lived at home until he was 28, and another guy I know STILL lives at home and he is 30. But to generalize ALL guys is just retarded.

As for why he won't move out? Leave him the f* alone, he will move when he is ready, and pressuring him isn't the way to do it.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12