+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where did the hugs go?

Where did the hugs go?

When I first met the girl I'm into, my friends told me she was really into me. She would follow me around at work, and hug me lots. I started paying attention to her because everyone said she wanted me. I eventually told her I had feelings for her. She told me she thought about it too, but gave me reasons why she didn't want to risk it. She started hanging out with me a lot more and we'd go out and do things considered dates, without them actually being dates. We've become fantastic friends and I'm thankful for it. I've told her this too, letting her know I'm happy with just being friends and that I don't expect anything from her. She continued to hug me and touch me, and would always say things like "Oh you love it when I touch you".

Lately I've noticed she doesn't hug me or act as flirty. She'll play
    fight and such, but it's nothing like before. It's not like we've gotten further apart, if anything we've still been getting closer on an emotional level. She'll hug and kiss guys on the cheek that she barely knows. She'll even do this with guys she's told me in private that she thinks are pigs. What does the mean? Did I do something wrong? Should I forget about anymore friendly physical contact?

Okay, answer me this, then. Why is her "friendly physical contact" -- and not just *any* kind of physical contact, but hugs in particular -- so important to you?

She may have enjoyed the chase in the beginning and now that she knows your feelings is pushing back. Give her some space.