+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Small guys are better off dead.

Small guys are better off dead.

I guess this is more of a rant, but I know this is going to hit a nerve with many guys.

Did you know only 13% of US men are 6ft or taller?

I am 5'9" 160 lbs. I work out a lot and am ripped. I have gotten approached on the street more than once about training techniques. I am not a muscle head or vain. I just like to be in good physical condition. I speak French, Spanish, Italian and Chinese (not fluently, but enough to get around). I have a masters in electrical engineering. I have been told I am funny. I love make others laugh and have them do the same. I don't try to be the life of the party. I say my bit and respectfully yield the floor to others.

I am a very generous, open, caring, easy-going, open minded person. I treat everyone regardless of their station in life as a brother or sister. I have donated vacation days to a single mom at work so she could actually have a vacation after tending to her sick son. She works 7 days a week. I volunteered to load trucks during the Sandy huricane in NY. I don't do these things because I want people to like me or even so I will feel good about myself. I do it, because I think it makes the world a better place when we respect each other and look out for one another.

I can't tell you how many times this guy has been passed over for a 6' piece of **** db. The pasing over I could tolerate, but giving these ***** a free ride is, to me, like rewarding a serial bank robber with the key to the city. When I say db, I mean married player with kids and no job db that neither repsects himself or anyone else. A total user.

I get it. Big men, regardless of who they are are more masculine and make a woman feel more feminine. I can't tell you the heartbreak this has caused me. The sleepless nights, the internal agurments about right, wrong, love, justice and well the meaning of it all. I would just like to enjoy life like anyone else. But women don't seem to care about any of this. Just give them a tall, serial killer that lives with his mom, has HIV and an IQ of 40 and their smitten for life.

I thought 5'9" was considered tall. The good news is that you won't wind up with a superficial b*tch. See, there's a bright side.

Maybe it's your attitude.

You do all these great things and you should be greatly rewarded...with something! That isn't what attracts. Guys who are comfortable and confident about themselves as a person and not about all the things they do or have accomplished are the ones women will find attractive.

most women cross the road to avoid men like that. those men are a minority-the women they get are also the minority. its an exception-not a rule. basically the guy has issues and he attracts women who have issues too..

you shouldnt get so hot and bothered about it. plenty of women would choose you over him anyday. your just looking in the wrong places..

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    I thought 5'9" was considered tall. The good news is that you won't wind up with a superficial b*tch. See, there's a bright side.
    His height might mean not ending up with anyone at all. I would know. I'm only 5'6.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    His height might mean not ending up with anyone at all. I would know. I'm only 5'6.
    I don't believe that. 5'6" isn't even short. You'll find someone once you stop blaming your height and look at the real issue.

5'6 IS short. Most American males are nearing 6 feet. And what's the real issue? My face? I already knew that!
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

5'6 IS short. Most American males are nearing 6 feet. And what's the real issue? My face? I already knew that!
    Well shit, I don't know. I don't know you, but I know guys who are the same height as you and still get girls.

Don't take Randy Newman lyrics so seriously.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I think smakie9 has a very good point. A very good point. I know I do project a defeatest attitude, whether justified or not. Maybe you do too.

I mean look at the guys who are short and do well: Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Rob Schneider (married I think like 3 super models and he is like 5'4") and that's just off the top of my head.

I guess my rant is not so much that you or I and guys like us are destined to be lonely. It's merely the ignorance of the injustice that irks me most. The discrimmiaton is so sad, so wasteful and causes to much pain on both sides.

my ex was 5"9.. Im 5"3

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    The good news is that you won't wind up with a superficial b*tch. See, there's a bright side.
    Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Maybe it's your attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You do all these great things and you should be greatly rewarded...with something! That isn't what attracts. Guys who are comfortable and confident about themselves as a person and not about all the things they do or have accomplished are the ones women will find attractive.
    ^ These posts I all agree with. Change your attitude. You get out of the world what you put into it. Stop looking at what you do for people and start looking at how you act towards them. Did you ever consider the idea that you're sidestepping shallow bitches by being rejected? They're doing you a favor. Show a girl you're worth it. Not everyone is into taller guys. I know a few girls who actually prefer to be the taller one in the relationship. Just remember that the right one for you is the one who is going to love you for you no matter how tall you are or how bald you'll be in old age. That's all that matters. Be positive, and you'll see that.

The problem with you is your attitude. Need I link you to all of the countless threads you've made on here dealing in negativity?

No offense, but you know I'm right...

Quote Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
    I guess my rant is not so much that you or I and guys like us are destined to be lonely. It's merely the ignorance of the injustice that irks me most. The discrimmiaton is so sad, so wasteful and causes to much pain on both sides.
    You obviously got nothing out of what smackie posted... There are plenty of people out there who don't give a shit if their partner is taller or not. Hell, I'm one of them. I've gone for guys A LOT shorter than I on multiple occasions. Maybe you're chasing the wrong girls.

Sometimes the secret to find, is to stop searching. Height has nothing to do with attraction, theirs a physical attraction and a psychological attraction. When you sweat, hormones are let loose that men and woman can pickup on and actually attempt to match that DNA from the other person to that of their own to see if you can produce healthy off-spring.

I am 6ft1 , any older ladies interested?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast