+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My bf won't stop growing and he's 20 years old, normal?

My bf won't stop growing and he's 20 years old, normal?

It's been many years since I met my now bf of 4 years, way back in grade school. We were friends at first and it wasn't until 10th grade that we started dating. I still recalled the old times I would tower him 5-6 inches for years until 10th grade. Afterwards, I was still taller but not like before.

I stopped growing at the age of 16. Now I'm 20 and 5'10. He was 6'1 1/4 last month. Now he's at 6'3.

Now he's kind of concern and wonders if there is anything wrong with him. Even after our graduation, he won't stop growing.

He used to be 5'4 as a 9th grader and then 5'9 in 12th grade. Is this common? For a 20 year-old man to still grow?

He might not get much taller but he will fill out more, and so will you....we don't really stop growing and changing until about age 25. Anyways he just had a grow spurt. My ex was 5'5" when we were in high school (17). I met him years later when I was about 24 and he was well over 6 foot and huge.

Wow, guys catch up a lot pretty fast...just when you think he's already done.

dont worry about it. at 20 most of us are still developing. you stopped growing taller at 16 right? but i bet your breats got fuller and hips wider since then? and your body changes frequently-for half the month you could be normal-then boobs swollen, belly a little bloated etc. i still get pimples sometimes-nearly 24..

when i met my bf-he was 20. back then i prefered him with a little stubble coz he looked so young without it. now i prefer him clean shaven-his jaw become stringer, facial muscles changed etc.

we keep changing and growing. i wouldnt worry unless he grew to 7"

Yeah, he's gotten heavier than his former HS self. It still seems like yesterday. Here I am seeing him grow right before my eyes, the guy I once towered now towers me.

It almost sounds as if you liked being taller than him... not that there's anything wrong with that :-).

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    It almost sounds as if you liked being taller than him... not that there's anything wrong with that :-).
    I don't mind his changed self. I knew he would catch up eventually since most of his family are on the above average to tall size. I just didn't think it would be this fast. I have to say the first sign of change in him was when his voice suddenly would start breaking for 2-4 months and then one day as he called me, I almost confused him for an older guy with a deep voice.

Just that when you've gotten used to something for many years and then it changes, that's surprising. It's the same thing as if your friend cutting her hair after years of seeing her with very long hair.

There's nothing wrong with that. Everybody's different. I'm 21 and I can still wear the same clothes I wore in 9th grade lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleneL View Post
    It's been many years since I met my now bf of 4 years, way back in grade school. We were friends at first and it wasn't until 10th grade that we started dating. I still recalled the old times I would tower him 5-6 inches for years until 10th grade. Afterwards, I was still taller but not like before.

I stopped growing at the age of 16. Now I'm 20 and 5'10. He was 6'1 1/4 last month. Now he's at 6'3.

Now he's kind of concern and wonders if there is anything wrong with him. Even after our graduation, he won't stop growing.

He used to be 5'4 as a 9th grader and then 5'9 in 12th grade. Is this common? For a 20 year-old man to still grow?
    I guess thats only normal. At that age he was still young and developing.. Boys always want to be so tall. but girls dont like to have a soo tall boyfriend.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by bamix View Post
    I guess thats only normal. At that age he was still young and developing.. Boys always want to be so tall. but girls dont like to have a soo tall boyfriend.
    Yeah he always wanted to tower me back then. He had a difficult time with many guys in school who were developing earlier and had their adult height at ages 16-18 and it would bring his confidence down. I recalled when we graduated he used to say ''Wow all these years and I still can't pass you but it's ok''.

BTW he was concerned about and went to the doctor again hours ago. He was told his growth plates are starting to close but there was still a year left. According to the doctor, he might still add 1-2 inches.

But he's already happy with his current height. He doesn't want another inch more.

He might become a top notch basket baller and make bulk cash = keeper. Or he might be the missing link in evolution... do his knuckles drag on the ground ?

The average male does not stop growing until age 21-22.

guys typically get their growth spurts later than girls and they can grow for longer. most males stop growing around 18-20 but some can grow up to 25. ive seen 23 yr olds have 2 inch growth spurts so its rare but normal
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    - Jimi Hendrix

http://inspiringlovequotes.net

He can only get so tall, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    Enjoy his towering protective stature!
    MOVINGforward...

He will surely stop at some point depends what height is written in his destiny lol,You do not need to be worried about this 6"3 is a very good height if hope he do not go beyond that than it can be a bit strange.