+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does age really matter?? And do you think it matters in this case??

Does age really matter?? And do you think it matters in this case??

So Im 17 and I Hung out with this really attractive boy who's 20. I thought we really connected because we had a lot in common and spent most of the day holding my hands, and me, and "trying" to kiss me. And right before I left, I let him kiss me which turned into this amazing make out sesh. In the middle of it he said things like "you're really beautiful" and "I feel really comfortable around you". We said goodnight like 5 or 6 times before we actually headed our separate ways and I couldn't help but smile like an idiot the whole way home. The only thing that crushed my mood was that he suddenly decided, after I left, that he doesn't want to date me until I'm 18... It's so strange. I've never had a problem with being too young and honestly there are lots of 20-something year-olds who want to date me for whatever reason but I'm not interested in them. But anyways, I just don't see the problem. It's a 3-year age difference but wouldn't that have been enough to stop him from trying to hold my hand and make out with me in the first place? And I know that if we were to date, sex would not be involved because he is a Christian and I have a hard time trusting people as it is, so its not like we'd get in trouble or anything. So what's the deal? But he doesn't really care what my age is as long as I'm at least 18 so wtf. He also says its not me and that I should trust him... But technically, isn't it me...? I'm not 18...

Why are you asking us? It's him that has put the limit on you....ask him exactly why. It's possible your laws in regarding consenting to sex is 18 for an adult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Why are you asking us? It's him that has put the limit on you....ask him exactly why. It's possible your laws in regarding consenting to sex is 18 for an adult.
    He's Christian. OP said sex won't be happening
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Even if they were having sex most states age of consent is 16. It might just be something personal since you are still a minor.

Arizona
    California
    Oregon
    Florida
    North Dakota
    Delaware
    Idaho
    Iowa
    Virginia
    Tennessee
    Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    He's Christian. OP said sex won't be happening
    Like that has stopped anybody ...."an amazing make out sesh" I'm sure sooner or later will turn into "We had amazing sex."

Well in all honesty, I've been through some terrible relationships and I've learned that sex only complicates things and will make a relationship 10 million times more emotional than it needs to be. Or at least more emotional than a teenager should ever have to deal with. Therefore, if there was a relationship between me and this guy, I'd find it to be ideal because of the lack of sex.

Thats hardly an age difference. I thought it was going to be something really sus like. " Im a 16 yr old female virgin and he's 55 "... I would'nt sweat that difference...Just dont do anything silly like getting knocked up..... Cheers Raft

I think you have misinterpreted what he said. I think after he kissed you he realized that you are someone who is to be taken serious of. You should be happy because he said that. And no, its not the age difference, it is his way of saying, "i respect you and I would like to wait for you to be legal". So chill out girl and be proud
    I AM A LOVE ON THE LOST

In my state, (Pennsylvania), the age of consent is 16 up to 2 years older. But that never stopped me from dating who I did... I was 16 and dating a 23 year old. :S Needless to say, I say go for it if you're both walking into it fully aware of the risks and willing to accept responsibility for yourselves. But don't expect the world of it.

he just doesn't want to be involved with a minor right now because by law.. you are a minor. i think he's just afraid he'll get in trouble with the law
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
    - Mae West