+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do his actions mean something more?

143 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Do his actions mean something more?

In my school, there's this guy who I used to have classes with two years ago. During that time, we only really communicated when it was about school. The following year, we weren't in the same class anymore so the only time we really saw each other was in the hallway considering his room is adjacent to mine. I never really bothered much because I wasn't really thinking of him in any other way.

One day he sent me a message on facebook telling me I should smile more often and that I looked better smiling. He kept on telling me that through PM at random times and smile at him whenever we saw each other. Here I sorta developed a bigger interest in him, but I was probably too busy with school to really give much thought about it. Later on in the same year, he would often look in my classroom and sneak a smile and lock eyes for a while with me whenever he passed by.

Fast forward to summer this year, he sent me a message saying that I needed to rest for the summer. It was a kind thing to say really because even I thought I looked like a walking zombie, lol. But anyway, after that he told me that he believed that I could be "number 1" as if saying that he had no doubt I could graduate the valedictorian of our batch. I never expected such a comment and told him that I'd try knowing that such a thing was difficult even for me to imagine. He then told me that he'd help me considering he was really good with Math. I thanked him and eventually we let the conversation die, though inside, I felt really surprised.

Finally school had come again and now I barely see him at all since his room is quite far from mine, and it really seemed like it didn't matter much to him so I decided to just let it go and forget. It was working pretty well too until not long ago when I had to drop by his room to speak to someone who was there. I was with a friend and at the time I didn't really think much about him thinking that the things I've observed in the past were just my imagination. But I saw him and he saw me. He pretended to be looking for me or something since the friend I was with was pretty tall so I was sorta hidden, and as soon as he caught my eye he did a cute wave and grinned. I was surprised at his action seeing as he was with some friends and all, but at the same time I smiled.

That same day I went to his room again looking for that same person with the same friend. My friend never seemed to really take notice of what he was doing during the two times we stopped by, but I saw it crystal clear. Anyway, I saw him, but this time he was having some sort of discussion with a group, but as he saw me he diverted his attention to me and smiled with a little nod acknowledging me then continued with what he was doing previously as my friend and I left not finding the person we were looking for.. I don't even think he paid much attention to the friend I had been tagging along with.

I wish I understood what these signals mean. He's known to be a pretty nice person, so I don't know if I'm just imagining the special attention I'm getting or if he actually goes out of his way to do some small but kinda sweet things. Is he just being nice or something? I'm sorry for the long narration, but opinions are highly appreciated.

This is a very interesting situation. It seems like this guy can't motivate himself to take his flirtation further. Or, maybe he is shy. So, you have a decision to make. Do you want to create an opportunity to talk with him? If not, it seems like you two will just pass in the night. Good luck. Ann
    Ann

I think he likes you.

Do you ever see him outside of school?

I remember when I was in HS and had a crush on a boy, I'd be certain to show up at parties I knew he'd be at, or sit in the stands at his sports game...

You need to try and get him in a situation where you can do more than wave and smile.

Approach him and ask, that's generally the best way to go about doing things. No point in hanging over someone who you are not sure if or if not they like you.

If a guy goes out of his way to communicate with you, find you on FB and direct his attention to you and acknowledges you ever time, then he likes you. Guys will not do those things for the hell of it. From those messages he sent, he is unsure about you. He is probably thinking the same thing...he can't seem to get any clear signals from you if you like him or not. That is why nothing has happened yet. If you like this guy, let him know it. If you have some free time, ask him to join you for an ice cream or coffee. Get to know him and flirt with him. Then send him a few messages on FB, like his picture, make comments....give the guy some attention. It's not the 1950's where you need to wait by the phone for a boy to ask you out.

id say sod all the confusion. dont drag this out any further. hes obviously shy and afraid of rejection so just make the move on him. he wont pick up on subtle hints-they will just drive him crazy. i think you should just flat out tell him you have a crush on him and your wondering if hes planning to ask you out.

its obvious he likes you. he doesnt wana be your friend. if hes paying you attention-then yes he wants to ask you out
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".