+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Less is more!

Less is more!

Less is more!
    I always see texting questions, here's my view.

The less you text the better. It lets your partner miss you. I use to always text my girlfriend then she told me I was somewhat suffocating her. I backed off then her textinga nd phone calls increased. BECAUSE SHE MISSED ME! I never gave her that chance, but now it has happened.

We see each other 5-6 days a week. Those 1 or 2 days we don't see each otehr the texting is limited. I'll send a few "how's your day going" texts or I'll tell her if something funny happened.

There's no need for 24/7 interaction. Give it a breather. Let her miss you. The days we do hang out I'll also send a few texts. But nothing major. If you go 4 hours without texting her or she hasn't texted you. DO NOT WORRY.

It can be a good thing

lalalita Guest
    Everyone is different. Personally, I like hearing from my SO frequently through texts. He's a great communicator and I don't ever feel suffocated.

I can't live without texting.

Agree: less is more
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I think it works to texts a lot when you first get together. As your relationship turns more serious, you start learning what each other routines are and such, and then there's not much to text about anymore especially if you spend a lot of time with them under the same roof.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Am I the only one that would have an issue with that? If my boyfriend purposely didn't text/call me to try and make me miss him more I'd be pissed. If you just don't have anything to say to me then that's fine. If you want to talk to me, then talk to me. If you don't, then don't. Playing games like that would just annoy me.

Texting is slightly better than no communication at all, but only slightly. Think about it. Which is better communication? Mashing buttons and using lots of abbreviations? Or actually talking and hearing each others voices? My girlfriend was heavy on the texting until her phone started giving her problems with sending and receiving text. Eventually she replaced her phone, but now she has broken her texting habit and we talk more.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Agree: less is more
    Absolutely. I see my GF just once every decade and we have the most fantastic relationship.

just texting hey whats up 3 times a dya is annoying i think, just because you go 6 hours with no ettxing doesnt mean you have lost interest

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    Am I the only one that would have an issue with that? If my boyfriend purposely didn't text/call me to try and make me miss him more I'd be pissed. If you just don't have anything to say to me then that's fine. If you want to talk to me, then talk to me. If you don't, then don't. Playing games like that would just annoy me.
    liar. you don't have a bf

I agree. Less is best