+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So confused by ex's behavior...

So confused by ex's behavior...

About a month and half ago my ex decided that "he loved me but wasn't in love with me" even though two weeks prior he was telling me how he couldn't imagine a future with out me. We dated for two years btw. I was heartbroken but didnt act crazy...I definitely cried while we were talking but so did he. I told him I didn't know if I could just be his friend and he said the same but later in the convo when I said maybe in a few months we could try to be friends he didn't seem receptive.

At the end we hugged and both cried and I was the one that had to pull away. Two weeks later I text him and said that I was so blindsided I wasn't able to ask the questions I needed for closure and asked if he would mind answering them. He did answered in a kind and caring manner and that was that.

It's been a month and a half now and we have a lot of mutual friends and were both invited to an overnight getaway. I would not want to go if he went, it would be too hard, I still love him. I decided to text him to see if he was going and said "Hey... Are you going to the overnighter." He never responded...why would he just ignore me...it didnt end badly, I didn't go psycho crazy on him, heck I didn't even yell at him. Awhile later (like 9 hrs). I text him one last time and said "we'll anyway I heard you were invited and just wanted to give you a heads up that I would be there. Hope all is well with you!" And still no response....what's up w that????

I just feel like everything we had meant nothing to him.

Yeah thats the silent treatment. He's over it. If he replies you might get the wrong signal, and I dont think he wants that. The no reply maybe a little passive rude, but you should read between the lines (or lack thereof) and move on..
    Last edited by rafterman; 28-06-13 at 02:03 PM.

It could be a case no contact for him. No contact can help you move on from a person and try to forget about them or simply lose the feeling you had towards them to try and move on with your life. This may seem cruel or nasty to you but it may be his way of moving on. But he should say whether he is going or not and should communicate if it is something like that but if you start saying hey hows you or similar things then he shouldn't and probably won't reply to make sure you don't get the wrong idea or mixed signals.

I am going through this just now, my ex and I's break up was quite good in the sense that we communicated and she answered most of my questions about why the breakup had to happen. So we ended on good terms but I still had a lot of feelings for her so I needed and still do use the no contact method so over time I can try and move on and eventually we may become friends again.

It doesnt matter why he is behaving this way. Your relationship is over. A person can go from being the nicest person you have ever known to a demon over night after a breakup. The person you thought you knew could be gone. Just be thankful that he is not trying to make this more difficult for you. It would be much worse if he was texting you for a booty call or sending mixed signals or flaunting a new gf in front of you. Hes just trying to move on. You should do the same

I think that is the hardest part of a break up. I went from knowing this person inside and out better than anyone to him being a stranger that I don't understand overnight. I think it's very immature of him to ignore me, we dated for two years he can't just respond like an adult? I can totally see him ignoring me if I was texting stuff saying I missed him etc. but this is a harmless question. He doesn't think to the future either because we have the same friends and we will run into each other at some point so why not just be civil and not make it more awkward than it has to be??? But I guess if I Wally think about it that is our relationship, he was very immature and never thought to the future. He could also be a dick but j just never thought he would be like that to me. He broke my heart, the least he can do is let me know if he will be somewhere when I ask! Break ups suck! Although, this has allowed me to start remembering the bad crap about him more than the good!