+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this guy into me, or is he just messing around?

Is this guy into me, or is he just messing around?

Hey guys, I could use a little insight! Care to help?

So there's guy I work with who flirts with me a ton. He's in his early 30's, and I'm 20. I don't mind the age difference, we're all adults here. Now, I've always thought very little of myself. I'm not pretty by any means, at least I don't think so. He's pretty good looking though. So he's constantly flirting with me, asking when I'm going to spend the night, wraps his arm around me when we walk, sometimes stands really close, ect ect. The other night I was shopping on my night off, he was working, and he said that I was lucky he wasn't on break right now because with the shirt I was wearing he would have dragged me to the back with him. What really gets me is when he gets angry when I talk to other guys at work. I can't tell if he's pretending to get jealous, or if he actually is jealous. For example, the other day at work we were all leaving. He was walking about ten feet in front of me. This is normal, because he's never waited for me after work. I heard someone behind me call my name, so I stopped to wait for them. Well this guy got upset, or at least pretended to be, because he stopped to wait for me and I stopped to wait for someone else. Then, it was raining when we got off so the guy I waited for offered to run out to his car and pick me up at the door to drive me to my car. I said No Thanks, I don't mind the rain, and the guy who's flirting with me got angry sounding and said "Yeah, why don't you? Huh? Asshole."

I will admit, my social skills are pretty sad. I can't tell if this guy actually likes me, or if he just likes messing with me. I've got a crush on him, and people at work pick on us and make couple jokes about us, but he may think it's nothing more than fun.

This is me, btw. Might help you guys get a good idea of what this guy is thinking. Thanks for the advice. Name:  archery.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  89.9 KB

Well guys don't flirt unless we're interested

He called you an asshole and you still like the guy? Lol

Yeah, but he flirts with every girl in the store. And yeah, I still like him. It's just how people I work with talk. Not a sophisticated bunch lol.

Come again? he gets jealous and angry. Why do you like this guy?

I don't know. Probably because I've gone my whole life, up until this point, never really having anyone flirt with me or treat me like I'm attractive. But like I said, I can't tell if he's just playing around or if he actually likes me. :/

If he hasn't asked you out on a date by now, he isn't interested in a real relationship with you. And given that he is a co-worker, I would say that his interaction with you sounds exactly like sexual harassment. If you continue to interact with him, the best you can hope for is a lame FWB relationship. Or it end up being a real hassle, involving rumors and gossip at work, maybe some stalking and/or abuse.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by JulietCapulet View Post
    I don't know. Probably because I've gone my whole life, up until this point, never really having anyone flirt with me or treat me like I'm attractive. But like I said, I can't tell if he's just playing around or if he actually likes me. :/
    Oh ok.....I see.

Well here's rule 1 in your dating life:

RULE # 1. If a guy seems interested and gets jealous and/or angry easily you don't date them

Cool ? Make sense?

You'll start making you're own list as you continue on in life

Hes bad news hun. Just wants to use you for sex and he thinks your an easy target coz your obviously low on confidence. guys like him are predators. i think its highly disrespectful the way he speaks to you at work. he should treat you like a lady if hes interested in you as a person and not just having sex with you.

no matter how unattractive you feel-you do not need attention from men like him. he will f**k you and leave you and screw up your confidence even more. stay away from him.

why do you feel unattractive? i bet theres nothing wrong with you-you just need more confidence and self belief in order to attract nice men

he wants to pound you

Think you need to believe in yourself a bit more, checked out that photo and there's nothing wrong with you, head over to the UK I'd take you for dinner!

Personally I'd wait till he's got his arms around you, make sure everyone is looking and then scream out 'get your f'ing arms off me' at which point complain to management detailing all his comments, he'll get sacked and you'll get a juicy cheque if you get some legal people involved!

You don't want this creepy guy in your life especially if he gets angry like you say likelihood is he'd get more abusive to you in the future, every woman deserves to find a nice guy to treat her right and help make all her dreams come true!