+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else going to be single for life?

I'm too uncool to even get a ditzy stupid woman and I'm not even smart enough to be something I'm not. I'm stuck in a paradoxical life. But I did discover alcohol is a great way to deal with it!

See, those guys have an advantage: girls like those guys anyway so they don't have to feel conflicted about how to get girls. They can AFFORD to be themselves. Guys like me have to constantly re-shuffle and when things don't work out, we have to scratch our heads wondering why our efforts failed when it was calculated for success. We don't have the luxury of attracting girls when we're ourselves so we have to study it and hope desperately.
    Last edited by YoungCosmo; 29-06-13 at 08:43 AM.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Possibly. But then again, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow morning. The future is unpredictable, so it's impossible to tell for sure.

The future is (mostly) unpredictable. BUT....how often do you see a pretty much decent but unexceptional guy expend so much effort only to have had nothing but two relatively good opportunities which completely failed in both cases by age 23 end up with someone happily? It's just so much the worse because I try harder than pretty much most guys and the days drag by and nothing comes up.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Am I the only life'er on this forum? I'm alone even in being a failure with girls.

Well, I drank a bit and I cried a lot...and now I realize my dating life has ended. And it ended 5 years ago. I'm full of shame. I'm somewhat living in my younger brother's shadow and my other younger brothers will grow up and be more successful with girls (and probably more successful in life, too; I could do things, but without a girl no one will take me serious nor will I ever be able to tap into that potential). Maybe you, whoever is reading this, will never have experienced the death of a dream but I am going through that now. Imagine your greatest aspiration, turned into ashes. You get laughed at, you get rejected, you keep trying, you keep failing and there's no glimmer of hope. Maybe you think this is what you deserve after what you've done in your life. And then you think perhaps others either didn't notice/care or forgave you long ago. Yet you're continuing to pay for it.

Alcohol is a depressant and impairs judgment. Your current coping mechanism is doomed to failure. I guess you need to find your own way, but drinking is a hard way to get there.

YC, the future isn't "mostly" unpredictable... The future IS unpredictable. You have no idea at what point your life will end. Therefore, you have no idea if you'll be "forever alone" or not.

Also, I dare you to reread over all your posts just from this past week. If that doesn't give you a wakeup call and tell you to change your god damn attitude, I don't know what will...

boohoo cry me a river

I just really need to dumb down and bulk up. You'd be hard pressed to find a guy who needs something to happen to feel desired and attractive more than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    YC, the future isn't "mostly" unpredictable... The future IS unpredictable. You have no idea at what point your life will end. Therefore, you have no idea if you'll be "forever alone" or not.

Also, I dare you to reread over all your posts just from this past week. If that doesn't give you a wakeup call and tell you to change your god damn attitude, I don't know what will...
    Well, I am pretty sure I'll live to be 100, provided the world doesn't end or I get murdered (but I'm not important enough to inspire someone to kill me; I'm not even significant enough to be GOSSIPED about).

And I just can't see myself ever meeting girls like I once did, one glorious summer long ago..

So it seems like either no one who is a life'er wants to publicly admit it or no one but myself in a life'er...I know girls tend to think about this all the time. Why hasn't a single (no pun intended) girl posted?

Instead of being a life'er, why don't you become a laugh'er? You'll have a lot more fun.

Oh, I've been doing that. Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by laugh'er...? Does that mean I should laugh at myself? "Haha, you're a hilarious failure with girls. That is so funny!"

Well, it was an attempt at phonetic humor. You see, life'er and laugh'er have the same beginning and ending sounds and only differ by the vowel sound in the middle. Anyway, I don't feel particularly empathetic today since I was up until 4am getting laid (three times BTW), so I beg your pardon if my attempt at humor was poorly conceived. (Opps, did it again).

No, I got the humor without your condescending response, thank you very much. It was clever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast