+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else going to be single for life?

Sorry, I guess I'm just feeling cocky after last night.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Well, I am pretty sure I'll live to be 100, provided the world doesn't end or I get murdered (but I'm not important enough to inspire someone to kill me; I'm not even significant enough to be GOSSIPED about).

And I just can't see myself ever meeting girls like I once did, one glorious summer long ago..
    And THIS is what is keeping you from a relationship... You're self-destructive.

No. And even if I was I don't think I'd care.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    And THIS is what is keeping you from a relationship... You're self-destructive.
    Oh that's a ****ing great conclusion you came to, Doctor.

So why are girls allowed to feel sad but guys aren't? I thought we're well past the days of the homo erectus.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

What does single for life mean? Does it mean, you're are not married? If so, what if you have a permanent relationship with someone, like the gay people who aren't allow to marry? Does it mean you have never had a relationship your entire life? Then only virgins can claim such a destiny. Or how about people who became early widows and never remarried? Are they single for life? Or people who jump from relationships to relationships but never settle down? Technically they never are single for long would you say they are single for life? So if being single for life means you are single for the rest of your entire life from this day forward with no relationships possibility, then I can't make such a claim since once in a blue moon, a girl loses her sense of reason and falls for me. It's rare but does happen and although it likely wouldn't last, I can't say I'll be single for life. More accurately, I'll be single with a possibility for parole.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Road View Post
    More accurately, I'll be single with a possibility for parole.
    This was pretty good.
    “I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

Wish for a pile of shit to turn into gold hard enough and guess what? It's still a heaping pile of shit.

I might be single for the rest of my life. I mean most of my life I wasn't and have kids with multiple women but I have been single for over a year now. You are 23? You still have time, work out and find a lady frien to work on your dress style. It is a lot easier to be attractive as a man than a woman. You really should feel lucky. I think I read yr short from some other post, but women are weird, some love short fat guys, some love nerds, some love hot jocks...haha really just find a style you are comfortable with, work it to the max, then hang out in groups of similar style.

Seriously if ur face is deformed and you are fat but 23, then just make some money, work out, and once you have enough money get plastic surgery. There is always options.

Quote Originally Posted by Issues View Post
    Oh that's a ****ing great conclusion you came to, Doctor.
    I don't know who you are, but go **** yourself. You're not trying to help anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    So why are girls allowed to feel sad but guys aren't? I thought we're well past the days of the homo erectus.
    There's a difference between being sad about it and being self destructive. Take me for example...I'm bloody miserable about my single status when I think about it, but your attitude is everything. If all you do is mope and bitch about what you don't have, you're going to miss out on finding something brilliant. A lot of people looking for a relationship are lonely being single. It's just a matter of how they handle it and what attitude they apply to it. If you come off as an asshole, no one is going to want you. And if you view yourself as nothing, you're not going to have enough guts to dive head first into the dating pool and come up with a significant other.

theres a difference between being sad/upset and just being plain negative. everyone gets that was-its a part of life. nothing wrong with sadness, tears, mild depression occasionally but you need to have the streght to pick yourself up when you fall. noone else is gonna do it for you.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    theres a difference between being sad/upset and just being plain negative. everyone gets that was-its a part of life. nothing wrong with sadness, tears, mild depression occasionally but you need to have the streght to pick yourself up when you fall. noone else is gonna do it for you.
    No offense Michelle, but you have no right to respond to this one. You talk about how much you are in love w yr boyfriend and that is great. But it's easy to tell someone that they need to stop being negative an confident when you have somebody. It is a lot more constructive to give him ideas to take that negative feeling and use it in a positive way. Like workout, make money, honestly I bet if you committed yourself to only improving yourself for a year, meaning working out, reading material on what women find attractive in man, get some money, be stable you will be fine!!! The real question is if you are man enough to dedicate yourself to step up! Oh btw, the actual ends is not as important as the means. If you do it you will get women, not because you look better or have a job or more money, but the fact that you dedicated yourself to something and accomplished a goal. Woman eat that up. :-)

To the OP, you've received some alright advice here, but unfortunately I feel that your focus may be a little off. Speaking with women is about as tough as speaking with anyone, and it isn't about being suave, or being smart, or looking attractive, or being fake. Its about being confident in who you are.

You don't become confident in who you are by first, being with a woman. Confidence is built and achieved through you, working on your character. Personally I feel that the reason you feel the way you do, isn't because you don't have a significant other, but that you just aren't happy with yourself the way you are.

It isn't about sex, and sex will not cure you. If it were about sex, achieving that goal is much easier to obtain if it is the only thing on your mind. Deep down its about being accepted, making a connection, and being happy.

Your first step shouldn't be looking down on yourself for your perceived failures with women, you should look at what it is about yourself that you wish to improve upon. You think you can't talk to women? Sign up for a local meet and greet.. and do it with the intention of making some new friends, not for finding a romantic partner. Learn to talk to other people, not just women.

You think you aren't attractive enough? Start slow by walking a mile every day, move that up to a few push ups and sit ups. When you get to the point where you can do 25 pull ups it won't be about what you physically look like, because you will have accomplished a goal, gained confidence, and that will shine through more then any physical feature you have.

Most importantly, as is the importance of this forum and why we are all here in some capacity, is that we've been there before in one way or another. Those of us who haven't will be there at some point in our lives... and we've pulled through. You will to. Stay strong OP.

Quote Originally Posted by okwhat2013 View Post
    No offense Michelle, but you have no right to respond to this one. You talk about how much you are in love w yr boyfriend and that is great. But it's easy to tell someone that they need to stop being negative an confident when you have somebody.
    I call bullshit on your post because Michelle is not the only one who has pointed this out. If you bother to take a look any of the forums, you'll see YC has made a number of threads over the past few months and a number of threads under his old username Love'sReject. People have tried helping him left and right. We have given him ideas. Michelle even had a thread to help him with talking to women. But of course, okwhat, you'd know that if you bothered to take a look around the forums and actually read. Furthermore, whether or not the advice giver is single or not has absolutely nothing to do with what advice they give. They try to help by giving suggestions, and she has, in this thread, reminded the OP about the problem he's ignored over the months. So, next time you decide to discredit someone's post, make sure you're aware of the facts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123