+ Follow This Topic
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: What movies are you all watching?

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    Vox Lux. 9/10 Enjoyed its weirdness LOVE Natalie Portman.
    Saw it too, liked it. Was odd but in a good way. She did her own singing.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

I saw most of the new Halloween and found it was an uninspiring pile of garbage, that even has the nerve to disregard all of the story aspects from the good sequels, like II, the ones with Laurie's niece, and even the crappy sequels released by Miramax. This is an all too common trend with horror movies in particular. All these producers are money grabbers. They think the name alone will draw suckers in, and I fall for it too.

Hollywood is officially dead.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the new Halloween movie. I HATED that they just completely ignored all the other movies, but I knew they were doing that ahead of time. Yes, many of the earlier movies SUCKED. LOL! But that is still part of your franchise. To me, it is a bit of an insult to fans of the franchise to just ignore all the other movies. The ones with Danielle Harris were my personal favorites. I mean, whole different story if you are just rebooting completely (like with Rob Zombie's two Halloween movies). But, to continue the same story but just elect to ignore several of the ones that came before like they never happened is kind of lame.

But, since I knew that was the case before seeing it, I didn't mind it as much as I probably would have if it had been a surprise. As it is, I really liked it for what it was. Not necessarily one of my favorites in the franchise, but I still liked it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

I was watching Halloween H20: 20 Years Later earlier. I think it's way better than the awful latest sequel that retcons the plot aspects from all of the other sequels. But I still think movies like this were at their best in the 80's.

Shut your mouth. Nobody cares about your awful opinions.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536