+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How should I proceed with this?

How should I proceed with this?

I just came back from an eatery, a pizza/beer place, and the waitress recognized me, and I, her. However, we've never actually met face-to-face and I was completely surprised that she knew who I was: I was a no one in high school, we never had a class together and never spoke to each other. I knew her through a mutual friend who used to hook up with her. How she knows of me is inconceivable yet...she said she knew me because we are friends on FB (which I knew wasn't the case). So, since I went home to be sure, I found out that I was correct. We're not friends on FB. So I was thinking about adding her and making some kind of remark about I appreciated that she recognized me but she wasn't right in thinking we're friends on FB...but I would be adding her to rectify the situation.

Good idea or bad?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Be careful flaunting this in her face. This little plan might backfire. Make sure you don't make her feel uncomfortable about making up knowing you, because she might become embarrassed and shut you out.

You should focus on what to do from that point on, not how to expose her lying caused by her interest in you.
    Whatever you do, keep it light and fun.
    Last edited by toknow; 01-07-13 at 07:43 AM.

Very good point. How do I do this? I doubt I'd be going back to that place even though it was delicious. You think she's interested in me? Good points altogether.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

You missed the opportunity to chat her up at the restaurant. And now you're not going back to eat there. Way to shoot yourself in the foot dude.

FB doesn't even come a close second to taking a chance face to face.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I could go back in the near future and hope she's working? So no go on the FB part, to try to chat her up there and try to get a meet?

It depends on her. Is she shy. Did you pick up any signals from interacting with her. If she is shy, FB might be a good starting point, until she feels comfortable talking to you.

Again, think lighthearted, fun, and humor - the good thing about those is they work well in many different settings.

Don't have any expectations when you interact with her. That will help you relax and feel comfortable.
    Last edited by toknow; 01-07-13 at 08:16 AM.

If she mentioned you and Facebook in the same sentence, you can do no harm by friending her. You're going to need to take a bit of a risk. Try FB messaging her and see if she writes back. If she does, you're golden. You haven't blown anything.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    It depends on her. Is she shy. Did you pick up any signals from interacting with her. If she is shy, FB might be a good starting point, until she feels comfortable talking to you.

Again, think lighthearted, fun, and humor - the good thing about those is they work well in many different settings.

Don't have any expectations when you interact with her. That will help you relax and feel comfortable.
    She joked that the beer I ordered tastes like crap and how could I drink it. I agreed but said that with a slice of orange, it's a good easy drink. She actually brought me some orange slices, consequently. I tipped her nicely for a small bill. She said bye to us as we walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by kimhotcake View Post
    If she mentioned you and Facebook in the same sentence, you can do no harm by friending her. You're going to need to take a bit of a risk. Try FB messaging her and see if she writes back. If she does, you're golden. You haven't blown anything.
    Yeah, I don't feel like I'd be risking much by friend'ing her. You've got good points here. Now I just want to tie together what you're saying here with what toknow is saying: That is, friend her under a friendly, funny premise.

While doing that, to make sure you don't get friendzoned, at some point, after meeting her a few times, when you feel it's the right time you should do some very light and tasteful show of interest (flirting).
    Last edited by toknow; 01-07-13 at 08:35 AM.

Punch her in the face and tell her you're the one for her... and you doubt these other guys had the balls to punch her in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    While doing that, to make sure you don't get friendzoned, at some point, after meeting her a few times, when you feel it's the right time you should do some very light and tasteful show of interest (flirting).
    OK, but you're saying my idea is decent, right?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    OK, but you're saying my idea is decent, right?
    What are you thinking of saying to her. Whatever you say, don't sound overeager.

Well then, what do you recommend my saying? What's the general point I should aim at? "So we aren't friends on FB but we totally should be so I added you"

"Totally"? Is totally overeager...lol.

Put yourself in her shoes. What would you like the guy to say to you.
    Last edited by toknow; 01-07-13 at 09:34 AM.

Oh god. OK, so totally is overeager. Apparently, I have to play games with girls because games win, right? Don't ask me to pretend to be a girl; I do NOT know how to be one, therefore I can't use that line of thinking. Instead, why don't you advise something to say?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast