+ Follow This Topic

Thread: afraid of her leaving me

afraid of her leaving me

my girlfriend has told me she loves me and sees us being together for a long time. so why do i always worry she will wake up one day anot love me naymore? and will break up with me?

its not a fun feeling. how i can i get over this

shes my second girlfriend in my life and i have had low self confidence. could it be from that?

It's the other way around - the feeling that she may break up comes from the low confidence.

Truth be told, there is a decent chance that the relationship will end. Most of us have a number of relationships before finding The One. What's important is the ability to bounce back after a break up....to know that we will date and love again in the future.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

having low confidence could ruin your relationship try to change that and stop thinking about the "what if?" and live in the moment times tell everything if she really loves you like she says she does then stop worrying and if things go down-hill remember “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”
    -Albert Einstein

She's probably afraid you might leave her too.

I'm like you... I'm 22. I had only a four month relationship.. Then went through several guys just like one month flings. They were losers but I was lonely and like having sex lol. It didnt hurt me tho cuz I never liked them. Now that I'm with my boyfriend of 9 months I'm also scared and insecure of him up and leaving one day. But it does get better with time. You start to trust more and more. I've never had a guy stick around before like my current bf. I can really tell he is in love with me and in this for the long run by conversations we've had. He knows the low self esteem and insecurity I have with guys. The four month relationship ended with him cheating so now I fear cheating. It has really helped me build trust and security talking to my boyfriend about it. You'll find girls love a guy who will share there feelings and it will make u a closer couple I believe if u share with her how u feel. After talking a few times and time passing, you will slowly start to become more confident and secure. I wish u luck. Oh and also some one that just ups and leaves one day is mentally unhealthy. You should have problems in the relationship for awhile before someone is ready to just break it off unless they don't want a relationship so keep communication open and try to keep your gf happy

Simple answer. Your low self esteem and confidence makes you untrusting of what she says.