+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help (Beware wall of text)

Need help (Beware wall of text)

Hi, i'm your average 17 year old who just graduated from high school. I met a girl at the end of my junior year who just moved to my neighborhood, although she was in our district for awhile. From first sight she was basically my dream girl. Physically, I thought she was a 10, while I was a mere 7(i know, so high school lol). She was at the time going out with someone for 2 years and she was a virgin. At first she basically just made fun of me for having a big head but through making her laugh we became friends. Throughout the next year I would always flirt with her (mostly just joking around and acting a fool, although the jokes were dirty). She would always make sure to point out how faithful she was to her man. I would always counter that by ignoring it and flirting harder. We started talking and texting, so I learned more about her. We shared alot of things in common and just enjoyed talking to each other. We rode the bus, so a lot of the time our friends could see and hear everything we did. They would joke that she liked me when she was around and she would always say no. My best friend(consider him a brother) grew close to her but more as her best friend. She would always tell him that the relationship was horrible for her, he would make fun of her around friends and ignore her at times. She would tell him that she self-esteem issues, thought she was ugly and inadequate. Regardless she stuck around for the full duration of the year, he even got to take her virginity. However, the relationship was just on a downswing and was pretty much over when he went to prom with her and ignored her the entire night. Before graduation, he broke up with her. When my friend would usually tell me how she felt in her relationship, it kind of made me angry. The fact that I knew I would treat her like gold and she wouldn't ever want to be with me made me angry. Being as oblivious as I am, i just thought texting and flirting with her could possibly start a relationship but subconsciously i ruled it out. The 2nd night after graduation(almost a week ago) I contacted her, we talked on the phone (until she had to get off since everyone in her house was asleep) and texted for about 6 hours. I told her of the only 2 girls I legitly liked, and how my own stupidity prevented me from getting them before they disappeared from my life(she loved the honesty). While we were texting, she admitted that she felt dumb for being loyal to an asshole. She also admitted that she had a crush on me while they were together but because of her loyalty, she blocked it out and stopped herself since she thought it was cheating. Basically once she sent me that message, my entire mental state changed. Since I've known her, I was so used to telling myself that there was no way a girl like her would like me. Once she admitted it , I had/have no idea what to do regarding our relationship. Or if I even have a chance. We've talked and texted everyday, but she's been confusing to say the least. One day, she would leave 1 word texts, the next day she seems to really want to talk. I did and still do really like her and want to play this smart. My past failures have basically made me want to pursue her 10x more and not want to taste failure again. She has to babysit her little brother during the week so we can't really see each other and this past weekend she really didn't want to come out. Also, in order for us to hang out anyway, I have to meet her parents. I was thinking of just going to her house while she was babysitting just to surprise and see her. (Haven't seen her since school ended) Guys, I need help and don't know what to do! Please help!
    Last edited by Dreisconfused; 01-07-13 at 03:03 PM.

those days of one word texts is her still talking to her ex. You better pull the reins back because she is not emotionally ready to have a relationship. I bet things are kinda still going on with her ex...even if he is a real bad guy, they always seem to gravitate back to them anyways.

Do not "surprise her" it is not appropriate since she never mentioned wanting to see you. The less you do the better the results you will get.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    those days of one word texts is her still talking to her ex. You better pull the reins back because she is not emotionally ready to have a relationship. I bet things are kinda still going on with her ex...even if he is a real bad guy, they always seem to gravitate back to them anyways.

Do not "surprise her" it is not appropriate since she never mentioned wanting to see you. The less you do the better the results you will get.
    I knew I would have written something in a bad to decode way. She did want me to meet her parents later today since they are kind of strict about letting her go out. This way we could actually spend time together. I just thought seeing her earlier would be a nice, nerdy thing to do but you're definitely right about not popping up. Although I am skeptical that they still talk because the boyfriend isn't even going to be in our area for quite a while, i'll definitely take things slow. Thanks for the advice. *edited main post*

I think yes you should see her but not surprise her.. I think you should ask permission first.
    Then I think it would be wise to take things slow because you would be a rebound if you take things too fast.
    just a friendly advice.
    I AM A LOVE ON THE LOST

Quote Originally Posted by miki036 View Post
    I think yes you should see her but not surprise her.. I think you should ask permission first.
    Then I think it would be wise to take things slow because you would be a rebound if you take things too fast.
    just a friendly advice.
    Thanks for the advice, she ok'd seeing me today and meeting her parents. I'll definitely be taking things slow.