+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Natural remedy for migraines

Natural remedy for migraines

I don't like popping tylenols always, does anyone know a more natural remedy I could try? Nothing with lavender thou because I am allergic to it.
    Thanks.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

Just stay away from things that can trigger it, like chocolate, caffeine, stress, muscle tension...

Rest is the only natural thing you can do.

I heard Feverfew works. You might want to do some research on it though. I don't know much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Just stay away from things that can trigger it, like chocolate, caffeine, stress, muscle tension...

Rest is the only natural thing you can do.

Thank you.
    I do drink too much coffee, that could def be reduced, even those ice coffees at Tim Hortons I looooooooove em. Esp during the hot summer. When it begins to make my eyes ache I usually close my eyes to rest them, even at work I'll find a spot and close my eyes for a few mins.

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    I heard Feverfew works. You might want to do some research on it though. I don't know much about it.
    Thank you.

I never heard of feverfew before, I will look it up. Is it a capsule or a drink, if a drink I could enjoy that.

I think you can either get capsules or make a tea with it.

I went and bought a tincture of it last night at the mall, before seeing a movie, going to try it today because with the heat lately I am getting more migraines.
    Thank you for telling me about it. *fingers crossed*

I'm a migraine sufferer also and I've never yet found any natural remedy that works - I avoid the foods I know trigger them but for me it's prevention over cure and failing that, Excedrin and straight to bed in a dark cool room.

I get silent migraines. The pain isn't bad but it messes up with my vision. Muscle tension in my neck and shoulders I find is the usual culprit. I am usually fine after 2 Advil, a 20 min rest at my desk and keep drinking lots of water. I think drinking lots of water is key. It's a no brainer that dehydration can give you a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I get silent migraines. The pain isn't bad but it messes up with my vision. Muscle tension in my neck and shoulders I find is the usual culprit. I am usually fine after 2 Advil, a 20 min rest at my desk and keep drinking lots of water. I think drinking lots of water is key. It's a no brainer that dehydration can give you a headache.
    Wow, interesting that you can recover that quickly, I wish that worked for me. One of my sisters gets migraines with vision related symptoms - she describes it like wriggling tadpoles - and once lost her sight completely for a short time. Hopefully that won't ever happen to you.

I've had that weird vision thing too, Millie. Like floaters in my eyes or something and everything is blurry. I usually use Visine drops, drink water and pop a tylenol and go lay down. Scary she lost her sight

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Wow, interesting that you can recover that quickly, I wish that worked for me. One of my sisters gets migraines with vision related symptoms - she describes it like wriggling tadpoles - and once lost her sight completely for a short time. Hopefully that won't ever happen to you.
    Yes what she is has described is what happens to me. It usually hits me when I get into work about maybe 3 times a month (maybe more depending on the stress level). I don't completely loose my sight because I know when it's coming on and deal with it immediately. One time it hit me while I was driving to work, scared the crap out of me.....

I have learned that when my neck is really tense and my ears start ringing, that's when I know it's coming.

The feverfew is helping me, Abigail. Thanks. I still get issues esp when reading online, all that white bg doesn't help to stare at on messageboards or emails.