+ Follow This Topic

Thread: when they ignore your call

when they ignore your call

when your s.o. ignores your call how do you react? I just kinda say "eh must be busy"

I called my girlfriend afte work and she ignored it and sent a text saying "sorry bout that" i just texted and said "its alright"

does anyone get mad or frustrated or do they just go about their business?

I do if I like someone, but honestly I hate cell phones, there was a time in life where if you did call someone and they didn't answer, well they probably are not home. Now every time, everyone knows I don't want to talk to them. I hate cell phones!!!! Some people just don't feel like talking at times, she probably didn't feel like it yet still how to justify not talking, it really sucks. She cared enough to text you, please let it go.

I wouldn't just go about my business. Instead, I'd have a conversation the next time we meet and find out when she prefers to talk. Communication is everything.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

lalalita Guest
    it's one thing if my SO misses calls here and there, it's another thing if i'm always trying to call and they never answer...and then text me right after. if she had time to text, she probably could have answered her phone (if she wasn't at work or something alike). does she not like talking on the phone?

Always, is one thing, I just know from personal experience that some people just have times where it's like hell, I hate this cell phone, I just want some me time but if I don't answer I have to worry about them being pissed, if it's a SO then talk about u should know them well enough to understand their personal feelings about this.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    it's one thing if my SO misses calls here and there, it's another thing if i'm always trying to call and they never answer...and then text me right after. if she had time to text, she probably could have answered her phone (if she wasn't at work or something alike). does she not like talking on the phone?
    well mine never misses calls and if she does she calls right back, but who knows. amybe shes eating dinner with her family? cooking? spending time with family?

at leats she texted sorry so she at least feels bad

I figure they are busy and go do something else. Never has bother me.

This is a very complex question for me... :S Usually, I'll think it's just that the guy is busy. Otherwise, if it's a case of where I'll try calling him one day, then a few days later, and so on, I start to think he's not interested and stop calling if all he does is ignore it. But in the case of my one ex, it was more like this...

1st: He's at work
    2nd: He's busy
    3rd: He's at work
    4th: He's busy
    5th: His phone is screwed up
    6th: Obviously, a pack of wild hippos attacked him
    7th: He's really a spy for MI6 and has been captured and tied to a nuclear weapon
    8th: He's training a very small dog how to walk a tight rope.
    9th: He's sword fighting Sean Connery to try to convince him to do another James Bond movie.
    10th: He got drunk and hijacked a naval submarine, and the CIA made him disappear.
    11th: He's turned straight and is having sex with Oprah Winfrey.
    12th: He's either pissed off or doesn't even care about "us"

maybe she was busy at work and couldnt answer or just got to the phone right after you hung up. she text to say sorry she missed your call. i think your reading way too much into this
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".