+ Follow This Topic

Thread: sticky situation need advice and thoughts on a friend becoming more with a bad twist

sticky situation need advice and thoughts on a friend becoming more with a bad twist

Ok, background...I've had this friend for years but both of us have always had someone at one point. We are now both single for the first time and I think I may be getting a hive from him but I'm not sure what do you guys think.

We haven't ever been super close he really was more if a friend of a friend but recently when my ex and i broke up I confided in him because he went through a similar breakup about a year ago.

About a week ago a bunch of us were bowling and he had a party after and invited me to go, I was tired so I said I couldn't and he was persistent in asking me to go. He has never personally invited me to anything before. A few days later at my friend's sons bday party he came over and sat by me to talk, again not something he's done before. Of course we've talked but not generally one on one. He then called me over a little later to make a joke.

This weekend I went away w him and his huge family (my friends) he was drunk for the rest if this story: on this trip we went golfing and are placed in groups he asked me if I was in his group and I wasn't...he responded with a "dam*." My room I was staying in was pretty crowded so he offered to let me stay with him in his room w a pillow barer lol. I opted to stay in my room because he was still staying a bit later and his brother was in that room (felt weird) but then he texted me saying he was going to bed if I wanted to join. Then text me again 20 mins later asking if I was sleeping then called me 10 mins later. The next morning I texted him saying I should have slept in his room because I was woken up by my friends baby at 7:45 am. Three hours later when he woke up he text me and asked me to bring him a Bloody Mary (he was super hung over). I brought the Bloody Mary stuff up but he could have come got it or asked anyone else to bring him one.
    Is he interested or just being a nice guy?

Here's the bad twist, he one if my exs best friends but I knew him before I even met my ex.

Also, since he was drunk for all of that could he have just been being a drunk guy??

If I say ya it sounds like he could be interested, what are you going to do about it?

He does sound interested in you. Ask yourself are you ready though for a new relationship? rebounds suck for everyone involved.. Plus who cares if he is your ex-es best friend. Thats history
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    If I say ya it sounds like he could be interested, what are you going to do about it?
    I don't know :/ I don't know what to do.

Why not ask him out? Join you for a coffee or a drink?

awwh this is sweet.

again old thread dude....please check the original date of the thread. If it's over two weeks old the poster got their answer and has moved on.