+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's on his mind---I don't know

What's on his mind---I don't know

So I'm almost a junior in high school and I've been having an "it's complicated" situation going on with one of my guy friends for a while... Last summer and the beginning of this past school year we were both interested but not really sure how we felt or what we wanted to do. Then in the end of September he started obsessing over this girl who was really just leading him on which really hurt me and how close we were and caused this terrible fight between us. We eventually started talking again and once he realized what the other girl was doing to him, he stopped talking to her and began to have a lot of interest in me again. During the two months we didn't talk, i had been getting close to other people and I wasn't ready to be completely into him again after everything that happened. But after that, we became even closer with texting all the time, being together every where, and always being connected somehow. At one point in march or April apparently everyone else was sure we were together because that's how we acted. I don't know what happened in may but he suddenly found out that I did like him and when I talked to him the day after, he said he was confused and didn't want to hurt or lose me because he wasn't sure how he felt. Although I spent that whole weekend crying, we pretended that we never has that talk. Even on the last day of school, he spent all of it hanging out with me even though there were a bunch of other girls around. This summer, he has invited me to hang out and come to the fire at his house and everything which is really out of the ordinary and I get the impression from what weve been talking about that he wants to hang out and be more sure of how he feels before making another move. So today I was at one of my best friend's to swim and hang out and he was also there cuz his best friend is this girl's boyfriend. At the beginning we barely talked except to laugh with everyone about my volleyball blunders but when we gathered to eat we ended up talking and joking and flirting lightly... When his friend and I were talking about sOme dumb convo about him he automatically jumped on the friend to ask what he had told me. Although he didn't swim with us, everytime I went out of the pool he would talk to me or make fun of me to get my attention... Afterwards we walked together and fought and joked and kept brushing shoulders and "accidentally touching" and he kept on trying to talk to me and get in my photographs with me and we were being very cute together. It's just that at other times today he was just so cold like he would ignore me if I called to him, he walked away from me to his guy friends, and when I left he was the only one who didn't actually say bye. He turned his back away from me. I know there's so many sweet things that happen between us but I don't get what's going on like why he has to be so cold and confusing! I just dot know how he feels or why he does that stuff...

And also we both have these weird ego competitive issues cuz of our pride and we were both trying to see who would send the other one a friend request first and I eventually gave in the other day and sent him one and I've never seen a friend request accepted in less than 30 seconds after it's been sent it's just one of the small things that come up to mind about how he is... I just don't understand why he won't do any more and act the same all the time... It's frustrating how he acts.

if he realy love u, the time will answer all. happy for u !!

Sometimes it's just best to walk away. Give yourself some distance from him for awhile....when he comes around just ask him straight what he wants. If he can't answer then you tell him that you are indeed going to be looking for someone else. You can't wait forever to have him make up his mind.

I think you should forget him and move on.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I know it's hard for all of you to read my post and understand everything that's happened between us because that would be impossible to write. It's just frustrating how at first we were both unsure and when I was ready he wasn't and when he was ready I wasn't and now were just playing this weird game. I know that I'm in high school and this relationship isn't necessarily going to work out in the end and I'm not saying we'll getm married or something. There's just always this attraction between us and we have so many great moments and I don't want to lose what we have. For the next two years at least I can't imagine myself with anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by jennat View Post
    I know it's hard for all of you to read my post and understand everything that's happened between us because that would be impossible to write. It's just frustrating how at first we were both unsure and when I was ready he wasn't and when he was ready I wasn't and now were just playing this weird game. I know that I'm in high school and this relationship isn't necessarily going to work out in the end and I'm not saying we'll getm married or something. There's just always this attraction between us and we have so many great moments and I don't want to lose what we have. For the next two years at least I can't imagine myself with anyone else.
    Well then tell him straight you are tired of all the bulls**t. Does he want to be with you or not? Yes or no? you want an answer now and you are not waiting around anymore for him so if its a no you dont want to hear from him again coz you do not want to deal with all this confusion anymore. All or nothing. Give him the choice
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You are in high school with your life ahead of you. There is no need to get so wrapped up in one guy at your age. If the relationship is giving you this much grief simply move on. Trust me, what you think "you have been trough" with this guy will seem juvenile and trivial when you are a little older and mature.