+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it a good idea to ignore girls?

is it a good idea to ignore girls?

I don't actually mean "ignoring" girls. What I mean is try not to seem interested, but when they talk to me, I'll reply to them. I don't wanna seem clingy or desperate.

Right now, I'm joining this youth program where it helps you to become more social and make new friends, and there are just as much guys as there are girls, and I dunno if this is the right move for getting girls to pay attention to me. Thanks!

If I was a girl in that group, I'd talk to the boys who are social and show interest in talking to me. I'd ignore a guy who didn't seem interested.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 02-07-13 at 03:51 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Its a fine line between showing too much interest, and not enough. Women are very fickle creatures, all situations vary, due to alot of different reasons... so its hard to call. Mastering the guessing game, is well recommended

Just be yourself.. There is no point putting on an act.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I feel out of place, but don't ignore girls! If you're not interested in a particular person, don't talk to her, but pay attention to the ones you're interested in.

Nope. You look pussy.

Despite all of the modern woman and metro guy crap, the genders are still biologically hardwired for certain behaviors. Like, men as hunters and being the aggressor, and women being more receptive to male attention.

If a guy was ignoring me, I'd consider him disinterested. If I thought he liked me, but was acting aloof, I'd consider him an immature game player, and would date a guy who had the plums to talk to me and ask me out.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    Nope. You look pussy.

Despite all of the modern woman and metro guy crap, the genders are still biologically hardwired for certain behaviors. Like, men as hunters and being the aggressor, and women being more receptive to male attention.

If a guy was ignoring me, I'd consider him disinterested. If I thought he liked me, but was acting aloof, I'd consider him an immature game player, and would date a guy who had the plums to talk to me and ask me out.
    How often do guys approach you with plums?

As to the original post, don't ignore the ladies. The ladies, they like to be acknowledged. The ladies, predominantly don't like to be alluded to as "the ladies" either... so theres that.. too.

Making eye contact, a smirk or a smile to see if their attention is on you is a subtle way to see if they are interested. Pretending you don't see them makes you seem like you aren't interested, and I'm betting thats the opposite of what you are looking for. Check for their attention with subtlety then start some light conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post
    How often do guys approach you with plums?

Sometimes plums, often peaches, twice apricots, and scarily, once oranges. Brrrr!!!

Sometimes plums, often peaches, twice apricots, and scarily, once oranges. Brrrr!!!
    And here I am approaching women with apples. I must be way out of touch

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    If I was a girl in that group, I'd talk to the boys who are social and show interest in talking to me. I'd ignore a guy who didn't seem interested.
    ^ My view exactly. If you act like a wallflower, OP, you'll be treated as such. I know this from experience; I've been the quiet type all my life. :S

No,you need to show that you are atleast interested in her

Nope. You look pussy.

What's with all the fruits guys? Lol....

Anyways, back on topic. My friend told me that trying to "ignore" them but being nice to them works. Don't seem too desperate and don't talk too much. There is this one girl I like at the moment, but i think its too soon to ask her out....

Honestly, I'm getting very desperate for a girlfriend.... I also feel very envious of other couples....
    Last edited by DarkxAngel20; 04-07-13 at 10:02 AM.

Ignoring to play some mind game is usually noticeable, caring but pretending you don't care isn't a huge turn on to most girls I know.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”