+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does this guy like me? or only physically like me? or just flirting?

Does this guy like me? or only physically like me? or just flirting?

I dated this guy briefly for like a month at the end of the school year a year ago. He ended it because he did not want the 4 hour long distance since he was going back home to his hometown for the summer. He still wanted to keep in contact but I decided that I could not be "just friends" with him so I asked for no communication. He only lasted a month so we started talking again, but I was dating other guys during the summer when he was away. We kept on discussing what would happen at the beginning of the school year but when he said he was not certain, I started putting less energy into him. When the school year was starting, around August, it seemed like he liked the ability to talk but he did not seem to want to hang out at all when he would come to town. When the school year started, we did not communicate at all and could not be in the same room with one another. he even wrote a tweet about saying that it is not a good idea to date someone whom you might work with. We have the same job and we met in a student group.

When Spring semester started I started communicating with him some what and he seemed interested in talking to me and we seemed to talk flirtatiously. He even came over once and we play wrestled on my bed and he admitted that he was staring at my body the entire time. But the weird thing is that these types of actions would happen on and off every couple months. Like in February it happened for a week or so. Then in March it happened over spring break, and now recently he is talking to me and seems interested in talking to me and stuff.

He would talk to me at random times about how my post grad life is going and stuff. One time, I even friend zoned him about talking about a guy I was seeing all year.

Last night, I decided to text him just for kicks. We ended up talking about what has been going on, my new job, but we also brought up old times. He even said that he was going to text me to see how I was doing this week so I asked him, "why cant we hang out? we're chill" and he said he would like that. The last time I talked to him I told him I was in Arizona so he added 'especially since i don't have to fly to AZ now haha'. We also brought up working out and when I told him I had been doing yoga for working out, he said he even wanted to do it with me. When the wrestling event months prior occurred, he said he was very turned on and really enjoyed it. I can admit I was being flirty too since I brought up the fact that he wanted me to take off my pants and keep only my thong on. He said "We were coworkers and that would have been highly inappropriate haha" and we barely were. We did not technically working together but we had the same position. I told him he was being a smartass and he said "with a nice ass" and I said yes he does as he told me I had a fine one too.

Do you suppose this is just innocent flirting, or is he showing interest again?

How old are you two ? First thing I would do is crush both of your phones.... straight up.

I think you should ask him if he has changed his mind about dating you. If he says that he hasn't, then stop communicating with him.

The whole thing seems like purely sexual flirtation without a real budding relationship. He seems to be into you sometime, and gets turned on by physical interaction, as most guys would.

That isn't to say he's looking for a relationship. Most guys given the right mood and opportunity can be fooled into thinking they want something more. Hinting at a type of sexual interaction can sometimes be harmless, but it seems you are both dancing around the fact that, if that were to happen, it would confuse your relationship.

I'm not saying you should be perfectly chaste here, but think about what you want from this relationship. Do you want to preclude the next wrestling match by pointing out your thong and the possibility that you might not be wearing a bra... or do you want to go to a park and hang out and get some dinner and see if he's truly interested?

It's just flirting, and physical attraction......he also might be using these flirtations as masturbation material.....maybe he wants to throw a hump into sometime, but I doubt there is anything romantic going on here.