+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Give up on her?

Give up on her?

So i've been out on a few dates with a girl, we got on well, we didn't kiss on any of these dates, apart from on the lips. We held hands once or twice, she retracted her hand shortly and then put her hand back by her side.

Throughout these dates I knew she was going away for 5 weeks to America. However I did not know that she was going away with her best friend, . who is her ex boyfriend's best friend. She then went on to describe how much time they spend together, how great he is etc. I thought this was weird, but I logically dismissed it and told myself not to be jealous. I have a very good friend who is a girl, but I wouldn't describe our relationship like she did on the date. She also shared a room with him. I assume they had different beds.

She went away, we both agreed that we would meet up after she got back.

Also, during her holiday on the 4th week, I would be going away on holiday to greece with some friends.

We kept in touch over whatsapp. Not much, just an update on what we were both up to every couple of days or so. We kept in contact until I went away on holiday. I didn't hear from her until I got back from my holiday. I talked to her for a bit and then I didn't hear from her until two weeks later when I contacted her.

I knew she was coming back around the weekend so I sent her a text wishing her a good flight and that I hope she had a good time.

I got a text back from her, just saying that she got back last night, she'd had a good time and that she hoped that I was well.

I didn't bother to text back as I thought there wasn't really a lot to start a conversation.

Our offices where we work are very close together in London, so I knew I would bump into her sooner or later. I then got a text from her saying that she saw me walk by one of the cafe's near us when I was at lunch.

We then were having a nice text conversation and I haven't heard from her in a day. Not a long time, but after not hearing from her for two weeks you'd think she'd give me a bit more leeway.

Give up or keep at it?

The fact that she went away for 5 weeks has made me question whether I can be bothered to re-kindle what was built up before she went away. The fact that she could have said 'i'll talk to you when I get back' instead of just not texting back and not speaking to me for 2 weeks also pisses me off. She had an internet connection throughout the entire holiday as she was constantly updating facebook.

I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel on her. The best friend thing also makes me think there is something going on.

Give up or keep at it?

i wouldnt waste my time. her close friendship with this guy should be a deal breaker. if there that close they should be together and my guess is he wants her. its only a matter of time before she wants him too
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

you've been Friendzoned.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

5 weeks alone with another guy in the bedroom? Might as well hand your keys to the burglar.