+ Follow This Topic

Thread: she is mad i had plans

she is mad i had plans

So tonight I texted my friend asking if he had plans. He said no and I asked if he wanted to shoot some hoops. he said i'll let you know in a bit

he texted me and said lets go at 530 and i said alright

then my girlfriend texted me wanting to hang out. i said well im going to alex's to shoot hoops for an hour but after we can.

she never replied and when i got home and asked if she was wanting to hang out she said "not now"

did i really screw up? i mean i had plans already

She is going to have to learn that you have your own life, and in the event you stay together, she's going to have to learn to be a part of that.

I'm sure she's rather young, or just too possessive, or self entitled... its a common problem most women outgrow. Most women....

Just apologize that she's upset but not for having plans, and let her know that next time, if you have plans, you'll try to include her if possible.

You did nothing wrong. Do Not Apologise. She needs to learn that you will not allow her to dictate how you run your life.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    You did nothing wrong. Do Not Apologise. She needs to learn that you will not allow her to dictate how you run your life.
    I agree, but I find that... apologizing that she is upset, shows that you care how she feels even if you don't agree with the reason she's upset. I suppose this differs from person to person.

In other words, be sorry she's unhappy, don't be sorry that you are living your life.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInflux View Post
    I agree, but I find that... apologizing that she is upset, shows that you care how she feels even if you don't agree with the reason she's upset. I suppose this differs from person to person.

In other words, be sorry she's unhappy, don't be sorry that you are living your life.
    I can't tell you how much I hate those fake apologies. Nope, I'm still sticking with "only apologise if you did something wrong"
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I can't tell you how much I hate those fake apologies. Nope, I'm still sticking with "only apologise if you did something wrong"
    Whoa now, why do they have to be fake apologies? When I apologize I mean it, why would you not apologize if someone you cared about was unhappy?

While I may acknowledge that they are unhappy, I would not apologise when I've done nothing wrong.

Seeing as how your name contains two of my favorite herbs I'll agree that either way he goes about it, he did nothing wrong and there isn't any true need to apologize.

How old is she? 17?

Tell her to get over it

You did nothing wrong. You are an individual. You can meet your friends or family any time you want and you do not need her permission. As long as you make an effort to spend time with her too regularly than she has no right to be mad at you.

Do not apologize to her. If she says anything about it-tell her you are allowed to have friends too. Just coz you have a gf doesnt mean your whole world has to always revolve around her
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

My brother's girlfriend does the same thing. Honestly, OP, you have to have a talk with her explaining that you have your life too like she has hers. If she can't accept that you'd like to see your friends once in a while, then it's time to move on. You're really not going to want to stay with someone who wants your entire life to revolve around the relationship, are you? A partner should be a compliment to the person that you are and the life you have- NOT an identity of WHO you are. I would strongly suggest having that talk... Otherwise, you'll end up like my brother and engaged, but he can't even have ten minutes to eat dinner if she wants to talk.

lalalita Guest
    Wait a minute.

How often do you see her? Do you make time for her and see her often? Or, are you always spending time with your friends and giving her the back seat?

I can understand her being upset with you if she doesn't get much time with you, and the free time you do have, you chose to spend with friends and never with her.