+ Follow This Topic

Thread: are there days where you just wanna be alone?

are there days where you just wanna be alone?

theres some days (not a lot) where i just dont wanna see or really talk to my s.o. it's nothing personal against her i just wanna have a day alone. i mean its my alone time. do i need to see them or talk to them every day?

i don't think so at least unless i'm different than everyone?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Sometimes it makes the mind clearer too.

Everyone needs time to themselves. If you find yourself wanting much more time alone and much less time with your significant other, then perhaps there's an underlying reason you feel that way.

But aside from that, time apart is healthy.

Every guy needs a "Man Cave".... when the bear gets hungry, he will come out
    You're perfectly normal IMO

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Every guy needs a "Man Cave".... when the bear gets hungry, he will come out
    You have a bear in your Man Cave?

after rereading that... ...that didn't sound right.....

I think time alone is fantastic. I have a 2yr old at home so I hardly ever get time alone. It's hard to explain to a s.o. why you want/need alone time if they don't have the need for it. Everyone is different in a relationship. Some people want to be together 24/7 and talk multiple times a day. Some people don't need to talk everyday.

Is your s.o. having a hard time with you needing your own space?

Bear meaning the Male.. Its from a book I read.. "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". Its worth a look

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Bear meaning the Male.. Its from a book I read.. "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". Its worth a look
    I know, I got the inference.

Hell no, time away from each other is very healthy, OP. When I was in a relationship last, there would be times when I wouldn't talk to my boyfriend for a whole weekend. It didn't mean we weren't into one another. We just liked to have a little time apart to still live our own lives. And when I have a boyfriend again someday, I'd still like my time alone. It actually turns me off if the guy expects to talk to me 24/7.

I live with my bf but yes I do enjoy my space and alone time. I like sitting alone, plugging in my ear phones, turn it up loud and listen to music for an hour with no distractions.

He doesn't seem to need space at all. He has his own programs that he likes to watch but he would be happy for me to sit with him but I don't bother. I do my own thing and he respects my need for space and time on my own..
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I hear you. But also consider that if you are heading towards marriage or co-habiting with your s.o., then you won't get much time alone. You'll go to work and then come home and be with her again. Your only time alone will be when she has something to do which doesn't include you. I know that my hubby and I love the times when we're home alone and the kids are out too, but it is a rarity.

While I'm not saying you must spend all your free time with her, fast forward to when you're coming home every night to her. Think about whether it will be pleasure or pain....and then consider if the relationship is working for you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.